My first clipless moment!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tribanite

Welcome to the club. Your not likely to do that again :-)

stevede

Had mine 2 months and got stuck & fell off twice.

The most recent (last Thursday) was on a pedestrian / cycle path crossing with a Ring & Ride bus on one side and a Police van on the other.

As the blue lights went on & the bobby got out to check I was okay, I told him I'd prefer to be embarrassed out of sight rather than brushing myself down in view of a bus full of pensioners. At this point I thanked him for his concern, got back on the bike and pedaled off.

I'm certain it won't be my last time ^_^

I nearly had mine in the drive while OH was giving me advice on how to use them. I decided to put bike back into garage for another day. I might stick to the country roads for a while and let the sheep laugh at me if when I fall off. :blush:

Kies

Lots of short start stops is the way to practice. It gets better,but we all have one clipless moment.
Mine resulted in torn trackies, sore knee and crazed elbow. I never did that again :smile:

Yep- pretty inevitable event is that..

I think we all have to admit we've had our clipless moments! Mine happened to be in the middle of a busy round about; sprawled on the floor whilst numerous cars built up behind me :blush:

C

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Yep- pretty inevitable event is that..

I think we all have to admit we've had our clipless moments! Mine happened to be in the middle of a busy round about; sprawled on the floor whilst numerous cars built up behind me :blush:

C

Nope.. sorry.
Seven years since I first started out clipless.
Though had a couple of 'nearly' moments.

That's hexed me now hasn't it?

Paul H

Had mine about a week after buying my new bike with clip less pedals etc.

Luckily it was outside my house so don't think too many people saw me :-)

Couple of minor scrapes on the bike, but a lot more on my ankles and knees.

Hopefully the first and last time!!!

Many years ago my OH went clipless for a while (on his mtb) and I have to say there was nothing more comical than watching him valiently fight to ascend this pig awful gradient on a loose forest floor climb with the rear wheel loosing traction periodically, keeping it going all the way to the top, only to come to a complete stop on the level ground at the top and fall elegantly to the left as though in some comedy sketch

It took me a while to make it up that climb because I was laughing so hard.:rofl:

Eribiste

Careful with that axle Eugene
Because I am supremely well organised and blessed with remarkeable foresight, plus I live in a part of the world where all my fellow road users are very observant and always considerate of others, nobody does anything that surprises me so I never have had a clipless moment. Then again, I might just be lucky, or possibly not riding enough!.

Top Bottom