My first commuting fall - in HD!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

I finally popped my "fall cherry". Been riding as a semi-commuter for 2 years or so without any accidents. Today I unknowingly rode over some diesel and my bike went from under me. :B)

I'm fine. Lots of road rash but nothing seriously wrong. I got back after to stop getting scared.

Panter

Just call me Chris...
Glad you're OK, could've been potentially painful. You were going at a fair old lick there when it went.
Is that the stretch of road that you can turn off of for Yalding?

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Flippin eck.

If you look really really close you can see the shine of the diesel on the road just before you go over. But I can tell you I wouldn't have spotted that in real time

Hope you are ok and can put this behind you

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
It's not near Yalding, it's on the run into Maidstone centre.

The lorry driver was asking if I was ok. I didn't want to involve him as some people can be a bit funny. He asked if I wanted an ambulance calling or someone else. Really nice of him to stop.

Faith in humankind +1.
Blimey how weird. I thought I recognised it then looked at your location and disregarded it. My mate lives in the house just about where the big white wall on the left before the bend is!

subaqua

What’s the point
i have watched it several times and can't see the oil spill, goes to show that you can't see these things sometimes. looked like it hurt a bit and you wouldn't have stood a chance. hope you and the bike are OK

nice to see the lorry driver stop and check you were OK , sort of shows they are not all the baby eating cyclist murdering scum that some would have you beleive they are.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
OUCH!!! been in the same position my self and know how much that hurts.

Nice on the trucker to stop and see if you where ok :smile:

MrJamie

Oaf on a Bike
Ouch thats fast to be hitting the deck, if you freezeframe through the impact it kinda looks like you headbutted the floor with your helmet :ohmy: very skillful of you to pick the lowered part of the kerb for your landing though ;)

i have watched it several times and can't see the oil spill, goes to show that you can't see these things sometimes.
I think if you look just as the Mini clears the end of the cones, you can see a shiny streak up the road which would be ridiculously hard to spot in realtime. Probably irrelevant but I was a little suprised that happened with a hybrid/MTB rather than a skinny tyred roadie.

Top Bottom