My first commuting fall - in HD!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Miquel In De Rain

No Longer Posting
i have watched it several times and can't see the oil spill, goes to show that you can't see these things sometimes. looked like it hurt a bit and you wouldn't have stood a chance. hope you and the bike are OK

nice to see the lorry driver stop and check you were OK , sort of shows they are not all the baby eating cyclist murdering scum that some would have you beleive they are.

Happened to me near Wheelers,Stratford about four years ago.Im sure there was diesel on that little mini roundabout.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
You can see the oil, the road is dry but there is a darker area. It must have been bad for that to happen in the dry.

Peowpeowpeowlasers

Unusual to slip on diesel on a dry road, it must have been very fresh.

Cycling around mainly country lanes I see the stuff every day, I'm sure tractor drivers do it for fun.

Glad your ok fella, looked like it knock you for 6...

I managed to join the club this morning on the damp road coming up too some lights as i move onto some smoother part of the road, the bike went down and me with it swearing at my own stupidity before i'd hit the ground... ripped jacked and a few scrapes and a rather painful shower once at work!

Apart from that all ok - a few scratches on the bike and a lost water bottle.. Wont be doing that again :laugh:

Sandra6

Veteran
You were lucky you weren't badly hurt, looked like quite a fall.
It was nice the driver stopped to see if you were ok. Definitely makes it seem like there are nice people in the world afterall.
I'm just surprised how quiet you were - or does the cam not pick up sound? I'd have been squealing like a squealy thing

Cycling Dan

Cycle Crazy
i seen them bends in the video and since i knew you were going to come off i was cringing. Nasty scrapes to your legs there

Top Bottom