My first contribution

Discussion in 'Bikes and Buying Advice - What Bike?' started by magnatom, 9 Jul 2007.

1. magnatom

magnatom Guest

:rolleyes: Great to see this section appear. It wasn't here yesterday was it?

This is my first contribution

This lady tried her very best to get knocked down by me :blush: . There were no other cars near me at the time. I think she was looking for an insurance claim, although how she knew I had CTC cover is beyond me :thumbsup:

2. Arch

Arch Married to Night Train

Classic! :blush:

3. Cab

Cab New Member

Oh, don't you love it when they do that.

Trouble is that many pedestrians view cyclists as just another sort of pedestrian. Of course, as a pedestrian I try not to walk straight out in front of someone else who is walking, I think its rude, but there you go :blush:

4. alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye nothing in moderation Moderator

with that footage she wouldn't have a leg to stand on if you hit her (especially with a new hip required).

5. OP
    OP
    magnatom

magnatom Guest

:blush: :rolleyes:

6. Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke New Member

I'm amazed your language wasn't more colorful!... I would definately have stopped and given her a lesson in the green cross code.

7. Brock

Brock Senior Member

"WHooooaAA SHITPANTS!"
    :blush: I must remember that one :rolleyes: :thumbsup:

8. OP
    OP
    magnatom

magnatom Guest

I didn't say that! :blush: I said WHooooaAA STUPID! Maybe I should have said WHooooaAA SHITPANTS...... :laugh:

9. gbb

gbb Legendary Member

I shake my head.... :blush:

I was trying to see if she looked at you before moving off....couldnt see.

I was once riding thro Peterboro, toward a crossing, traffic lights in my favour.
    A woman stood there...looked directly at me coming....and walked straight out in front of me :rolleyes: :thumbsup: :laugh:

WTF are they thinking :laugh: (or not as the case may be)

10. OP
    OP
    magnatom

magnatom Guest

gbb,

She definitely did see me I remember look at her and seeing her clocking me. Also as soon as she starts crossing she puts her head down and just starts running. :?:

Oh well, at least I wasn't a bus..... :?:

11. Arch

Arch Married to Night Train

Definitely, "whoaaaaaaa shitpants" is much better! :rolleyes: :?:

12. sirhc

sirhc New Member

The ones walking in cycle lanes get me if you politely ask them to move they look @ you like your stupid @ shouldn't be there

13. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

Had similar one a couple of years ago when a young lad tried to run accross in front of me whilst I was on the roadie. I ended up with cuts, bruises and damaged front wheel. Luckily he wasn't hurt but I think his knowledge of the English language was somewhat expanded!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice