My first cycling experience.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alex Reed

I bought a bicycle on 18 March and am currently learning to ride.
The experience of learning to ride a bicycle on the first day was different which cannot be expressed in words^_^. But, after about 3 hours of cycling on the first day, i mean yesterday, now my legs hurt and it is difficult to even sit. ^_^:laugh:
As I am a beginner cyclist, I came to this forum to get everyone's experience and suggestions.
Hope to get something good from this forum.^_^

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
The experience of learning to ride a bicycle on the first day was different which cannot be expressed in words^_^. But, after about 3 hours of cycling on the first day, i mean yesterday, now my legs hurt and it is difficult to even sit. ^_^:laugh:
As I am a beginner cyclist, I came to this forum to get everyone's experience and suggestions.

It will get better :laugh: stick with it

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
Well done. It's like anything, it will be unfamiliar to your muscles at first and will hurt (unless you're a 4 year old) but it'll soon get better. Just take it slowly especially on the roads. Confidence will increase over time as well

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
The good news is that you will get a lot better very quickly.

The bad news is that this success may go to your head, and before you know it, you have an addiction. Days when you don't cycle are miserable and empty, you care more about your bike than you, and hours are spent on internet sites looking for accessories and components, if not whole bikes.

Sharky

Guru
Three hours on a bike is a long time. Be satisfied with rides up to an hour, a couple of times per week and plenty of rest between rides. Once this becomes the "norm", gradually increase the distances.

Good luck and plenty of smiles in the future.

T4tomo

Legendary Member

If you're feeling it, think how your poor parent feels having spent 3 hours running behind you holding the back of your saddle! :laugh: :laugh:

OP
OP
A

Alex Reed

The good news is that you will get a lot better very quickly.

The bad news is that this success may go to your head, and before you know it, you have an addiction. Days when you don't cycle are miserable and empty, you care more about your bike than you, and hours are spent on internet sites looking for accessories and components, if not whole bikes.

I'll do my utmost to avoid getting addicted to my bike. But biking is so alluring that it's tough to resist.
I've already started looking for accessories 😣😣.

OP
OP
A

Alex Reed

Three hours on a bike is a long time. Be satisfied with rides up to an hour, a couple of times per week and plenty of rest between rides. Once this becomes the "norm", gradually increase the distances.

Good luck and plenty of smiles in the future.

Thank you.🥰
Yeah, three hours on a bike is a long time. But, I was really excited about my new bike. I ain't even realize when the 3 hours had gone by.

OP
OP
A

Alex Reed

Well done. It's like anything, it will be unfamiliar to your muscles at first and will hurt (unless you're a 4 year old) but it'll soon get better. Just take it slowly especially on the roads. Confidence will increase over time as well

THANK YOU 🥰 🥰

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Yes - well done!

I agree about sore muscles when not used to riding... I started cycling again aged 33. For the first few weeks I could barely walk up one flight of stairs after an hour of cycling. I am 68 now and could cycle for over 10 hours without experiencing that.

Top Bottom