My first KOM on Strava.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

r04DiE

300km a week through London on a road bike.
I got it yesterday, after years of being on Strava. Danced round the house like a fool with my daughter cheering me on and my wife giving me an odd look.

I said that I think its only fair that I am referred to as 'Your Majesty' over the weekend :smile:

Funny how such a little thing can bring so much joy.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Congrats!
Was it downhill? :smile: :whistle: ;)

OP
OP
r04DiE

r04DiE

Attachments

• KOM.png
    KOM.png
    26 KB · Views: 56
I don't think I'll ever get near a KOM unless it's some weird thing I create or no one has ridden there before. I did struggle into a complete bastard headwind today but knew I had to go back later. So I took my slowest bike, a mtn bike because it has the most upright position and positively sailed back putting in a number of top 5 this year segments and one fastest this year segment; on a mtn bike with knobbly tyres. It sounded like one of those huge BMW wankpanzers once the knobblies got over 15mph on the road. People on the pavement were looking over their shoulders.

upload_2017-3-17_16-12-19.png

It is a grin to do it. Well done.

OP
OP
r04DiE

r04DiE

Ha ha, nice one and what a great effort. Good thinking on choice of bike to go with the headwind - its almost a science, eh?

Ha ha, nice one and what a great effort. Good thinking on choice of bike to go with the headwind - its almost a science, eh?
Tailwind, tailwind; my god, I'd have been going backwards on the darn thing in a headwind. I bet there's no KOM for going backwards over a segment. But yes, some thought did go into it as I was particularly peeved by the ferocity of the headwind on the first ride. It reminded me of @nickyboy 's annual Llandudno ride but without the apocryphal rain too.

Top Bottom