My first major 'off'. Hit and run. Doncaster.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DSK

Glad to hear you are recovering.

Its a shame the camera was off at the time and its sad to hear that the offender didn't stop but, the roads in general, regardless of who you are are worse by the day. At least you seem to have got some good out of it with a new job and MIB.

Hope you are back to good health in due course.

OP
OP
BlackPanther

BlackPanther

Hyper-Fast Recumbent Riding Member.
So, a quick update. I'm back to 99% fitness, and was able to start running again. Being on furlough for 8 weeks, I started gradually and managed to work up to the 10k runs I did many years ago, though not as quick and the knee did ache the day after. Update re the claim, MIB sent me an offer of a smidgen over £4k, which I'm happy with and have accepted. I'm left with a permanant scar, but I'm back to being confident cycling again, which took a while. Just wanted to thank everyone for their concerns an well wishes, and also to the people who suggested MIB in the first place as I had no idea, and probably wouldn't have pursued a claim! So I now have a large deposit towards the motorbike I've been lusting after! Thanks again everyone, Carl.

PaulB

Legendary Member
I'm glad time has healed the physicals of that awful incident. It's put a lot of stuff into perspective for me as I've been uninsured on the bike for a couple of years now and this has made me realise that's a foolish thing with the amount of DNA mistakes there are around. Very good news to read you're up to 10k and that money has come at a helpful time for you with all this crisis stuff happening in the world right now.

Scaleyback

Veteran
Good to hear your nearly back to full fitness.
In the last year I have taken to riding with a front and rear camera. This after a 73 year old aquaintence and his cycling pal were hit from behind and left in the road by a hit and run driver. The 73 year old had a broken pelvis !.
No, I know my cameras will not stop be being hit but my wife can hopefully have a good time spending the compensation ?

Top Bottom