my first "moment"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jig-sore

Formerly the anorak
had my first moment on the way home tonight.

just after passing under the railway bridge at rugby station the road has a cycle path "painted" along the side of the road leaving a very thin but usable "road" for the cars.

well i was behind a line of cars as we got to this point and due to the congestion, i can actually cycle a lot faster than the traffic, so i start to pass the cars in the cycle lane and a guy in one of those mini van things starts to wander across into me.

i had a moment of sheer panic and started to rap on the side of the van :surrender:, this was just enough to stop him dumping me into the curb and he started to move back out of the way.

in seconds i was level with his bonnet and within his line of sight and i started waving my arms around, pointing at the cycle lane etc. mainly from shock , not anger.

further on the cycle path turns into one of those dreaded ped/bike shared things and moves about 50 yards to the left and you have to give way to cross over the road ahead. well the guy in the van had now caught up, made a left turn at the junction and was heading towards me from my right.

in this pic, i take the blue route and the cars follow the red...

moment.jpg

i was expecting a mouth full, or the usual "nescafe wave" but to my surprise he mouthed... "sorry" !!!!

well fair play i thought, good on him for acknowledging that he was wrong, i gave him a cheery wave and a nod in response.

so... not all car drivers are inhuman after all. people do make honest mistakes and luckily i wasn't hurt, no point getting hostile about it, move onwards and upwards yes ???

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Trouble is they don't always pay attention and see "the moonwalking bear"...

Top Bottom