My first new bike 1971/2 Puch.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
5c7118ede2a5da00bdc0cc086ebaf138_zpsntfrgoeb.jpg

And I was proud as could be!

Attachments

• 5c7118ede2a5da00bdc0cc086ebaf138_zpsntfrgoeb.jpg
    5c7118ede2a5da00bdc0cc086ebaf138_zpsntfrgoeb.jpg
    179.4 KB · Views: 25

Brandane

Legendary Member
Good taste in bikes, obviously :okay:.
My first self financed new bike was a yellow Puch Alpine 5 speed bike in 1976. I borrowed the £45 cost from my parents, then spent the summer working in a petrol station for 20p per hour (rubbish rate even then!) to pay it off. Even with tips it took me all summer to clear my debt :laugh:.
Fast forward to a few years ago when nostalgia got the better of me and I saw the same model of bike on e-bay, so I bought it and renovated it until it looked like this....

IMG_1866_zpsocx4ipcg.jpg

I kept it for a while but found it was getting very little use as I prefer riding my other more modern bikes. I finally bit the bullet last year and donated it to a local charity shop.

Attachments

• IMG_1866_zpsocx4ipcg.jpg
    IMG_1866_zpsocx4ipcg.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 20

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Saw a Puch three speed parked outside the shops today. They're still fine looking bikes.
We have quite a few of those over here, as it was the upgrade 3-speed from Sears Roebuck. I think you had to pay a few bucks more for the Puch. Money well spent. I've tried both bikes, and can say the Puch is much better . Still prefer the Raleigh Sports.

scarygerbil

this is one of the LBS that I use in kings lynn and are a treasure trove of old parts and bikes

Top Bottom