My first new bike in 12 years

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I've just come back with my new bike, i'm thrilled to bits!! There's something about the purchase of a new bike that can only be described as a similar experience to your fist solo trip in a car, (no matter how knackered that car is)after you've just passed your driving test!
I'm just sat here listening to this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Npy1PHRpoTk and looking in awe at that machine.
9.gif
17.gif
9.gif

Attachments

• 9.gif
    9.gif
    538 bytes · Views: 26

Cyclist33

Er, what is it, specifically precisely and in exactitude, and piccies or it's a pack of lies! :laugh:

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Well i was on the verge of buying a Ridgeback Voyage when i saw this http://www.evanscycles.com/products/ridgeback/horizon-2010-hybrid-bike-ec021127. It was £525,i don't know if that's a good price or what but i'm happy with it!:smile:
I've had some chrome and leather rat traps fitted, and i've stuck two silver Elite bottle cages on as well as silver bottles on it and i might even buy a nice chrome bell for it as well! It's my general purpose sedate pace bike. :thumbsup:

sidevalve

Über Member
Carefull with the film comparison ! I think it all came to a sticky end {and yes I was dragged to see it many years ago].

Crosstrailer

Carefull with the film comparison ! I think it all came to a sticky end {and yes I was dragged to see it many years ago].

Tankslapper while he was crossing the finish line and was killed........

MarkF

Guru
Hi Accy, I had one of these, I stupidly sold it on CTC about a year ago and still, bitterly, regret the sale and still haven't managed to replace it, it did the job of my triban 3 and hybrid. It's a great all rounder. :smile:

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I've just been out and done 20 miles on it. I'm getting used to the feel of the bike now and i must say that it's very comfy.:thumbsup: Now whether that's because it's new i don't know but it certainly absorbs those rough roads and it's very eerily quiet as well!!:ohmy:
I covered the chrome toe clips with old socks:blush: as i don't want them scratching while the leather straps soften up and allow the peddles to spin more freely.

ps
I'll post some pics as soon as my daughter shows me how!:blush:

Top Bottom