My first off on the commute (very little blood, mild swear word)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Frood42

I know where my towel is

I just knew I had jinxed myself...
7175 miles on the commute this year and I come off the bike and shear the rear hangar for the mech, not a happy bunny!

I am approaching a zebra and decide to scrub some speed as I can see people crossing, and what I failed to notice was the really smooth surfaced road patch that was like black ice in the wet this evening, so of course I had to choose that patch of road to brake on, meaning the bike immediately comes from under me. I avoid drain covers and lines, only to be taken out by some tarmac, oh deary me...

At around 12/13 seconds you can see the shiny patch of road surface and if you look carefully you can see the pedestrians as they cross the car headlights in the oncoming lane.

Rear mech hangar is sheared and my knee is grazed, so while I am annoyed about the bike at least my additional padding helped me out... :whistle:

tmp_20131120_202520~2-628619233.jpg
tmp_20131120_204038~2-1145391080.jpg

Yeah, never mind the knee, how bad's the BIKE?

J/K...ouch..hate it when that happens

markharry66

Über Member
Ouch hope you are okay almost had off yesterday drain cover tyre decided to get stuck in it. Pushed out from middle of road by dickhead intent on taking over to be first to sit in traffic light que. Hope you are okay and hope bike is not damaged to badly

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Ouch

OP
OP
Frood42

Frood42

I know where my towel is
Well, I don't know if it was luck, or pure skills :whistle: at falling off the bike, but the worst of the damage to me is the grazed knee. :thumbsup:
It's scabbing over nicely and is hardly swollen :B)

The bike, well front left brake lever has been bent slightly and the rear mech hangar is sheared clean at the frame, so nothing serious there either, but it does mean I am off the bike until I can get it repaired :cry:

I think the plans for that N+1 may have to be moved forward.

:bicycle:

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Well, I don't know if it was luck, or pure skills :whistle: at falling off the bike, but the worst of the damage to me is the grazed knee. :thumbsup:
It's scabbing over nicely and is hardly swollen :B)

The bike, well front left brake lever has been bent slightly and the rear mech hangar is sheared clean at the frame, so nothing serious there either, but it does mean I am off the bike until I can get it repaired :cry:

I think the plans for that N+1 may have to be moved forward.

:bicycle:

At least something positive has come out of it, the only problem with getting a second bike is you quickly realise you need a third.

Top Bottom