My first ride on a folder

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rusty Rocket

So I finally ventured out today on my Carrera Intercity folder that I bought a couple of weeks ago.

I packed it into the car and drove to the local town to ride around the park (big, wide paths and no cars!)

I have to say I’m very impressed by it - I’m 6’ 2” and on the heavier side and the ride was much more comfortable than I’d anticipated (even if I did look ridiculous!).

The steering is much “faster” than I’m used to on my MTB and nearly caught me out a couple of times on the sharper bends, but other than that it felt fairly normal to ride.

It obviously caters to a different market to the higher end folders but for what I’m using it for I’m struggling to find fault with it yet.

Good to know you don’t need to spend a small fortune to get into cycling. I can’t wait to get out again!

Drzdave58

Über Member
I’ve owned 2 folders. I think they are a lot of fun to ride and small wheels feel great. Let’s see some pics of yours. I ended up giving these to my daughter and her husband.

Last edited:
I packed it into the car and drove to the local town to ride around the park (big, wide paths and no cars!)
You might want to edit that out. In England you are not allowed to drive anywhere for exercise. It must be done from your front door. The Police State will take great pleasure in fining you for doing that.

You might want to edit that out. In England you are not allowed to drive anywhere for exercise. It must be done from your front door. The Police State will take great pleasure in fining you for doing that.
I regularly stick a bike in my van and sons bike, drive the 4 mile to Promenade and cycle along with my son for exercise. Police chatting to us a few days ago when we parked up asking about my sons Frog MTB. They had no problem at all, think a common sense approach is needed. Driving an hour to exercise is unacceptable but a few miles to get to a safer area for kids to cycle is on

couple of nice brommies on the prom yesterday too.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I regularly stick a bike in my van and sons bike, drive the 4 mile to Promenade and cycle along with my son for exercise. Police chatting to us a few days ago when we parked up asking about my sons Frog MTB. They had no problem at all, think a common sense approach is needed. Driving an hour to exercise is unacceptable but a few miles to get to a safer area for kids to cycle is on

couple of nice brommies on the prom yesterday too.
Much the same on our prom too....

Top Bottom