My first road bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Renmurew

Veteran
After a couple of months of building up my cycling now to 20 mile rides, I've just picked up my first bike. It's a Cannondale Synapse Alloy with tiara gearing. I went through to Evans in Edinburgh yesterday expecting to buy a Specialized Dolce but after trying the Cannondale I finally understood all the advice about trying different bikes being the best way to compare them. I couldn't get the grin off my face after getting back to the shop, and in the end what I thought would be a difficult choice turned out to be really easy.

Unfortunately it's been blowing a gale all day today so it will probably be the weekend before I get out again but at least that gives me a chance to practice changing an inner tube or two

5da86e9fc3320e2879832f0ca8ffe96a_zpsc4e642fb.jpg

Wendy

Doobiesis

Über Member
Very nice. If you have come from a hybrid its a different ride on a road bike. It took me a while but I have finally got there. Enjoy your first cycle on it :smile:

Mo1959

Legendary Member
After a couple of months of building up my cycling now to 20 mile rides, I've just picked up my first bike. It's a Cannondale Synapse Alloy with tiara gearing. I went through to Evans in Edinburgh yesterday expecting to buy a Specialized Dolce but after trying the Cannondale I finally understood all the advice about trying different bikes being the best way to compare them. I couldn't get the grin off my face after getting back to the shop, and in the end what I thought would be a difficult choice turned out to be really easy.

Unfortunately it's been blowing a gale all day today so it will probably be the weekend before I get out again but at least that gives me a chance to practice changing an inner tube or two

5da86e9fc3320e2879832f0ca8ffe96a_zpsc4e642fb.jpg

Wendy
Great bike Wendy...........and it's got proper mudguard eyelets too, always handy in Scotland!

montroseloon

Some good routes in Angus for you to go on.

Top Bottom