My first solo, unsupported, camping tour

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wisdom

Guru
Continued....

View attachment 51256

View attachment 51257

I am on a lovely little site (£5.55) which has very basic facilities (due to some English Heritage restrictions) but it has taken a while for them to get into the backpackers toilet... the lock on the door is not working (combination thing, combination is fine, it just won't open when the latch is done) so they have had to remove the hinges off the door to get in, confirmed it was all working, replaced it all, and tried again, only for it to fail to open again... After 2 hours (he isn't the most mechanically/DIY minded guy I have met, but very friendly) I suggested that they simply took the lock off the door. I am the only one here and there is a bolt inside to shut it with when in use!

View attachment 51258

View attachment 51259

This evening the light has been amazing.

View attachment 51260

View attachment 51261

View attachment 51262

View attachment 51255
Thanks for sharing It with us.cracking photos.thanks again

marknotgeorge

Hol den Vorschlaghammer!
Enjoyed reading this. Cheers!

Ganymede

Veteran
Just to let you know, @SatNavSaysStraightOn, I was a purely utility cyclist until yesterday. Your blog inspired me, I asked for a book of day-long cycling tours for my birthday, and I did my first 30-miler yesterday. Well, it turned out to be 27.8 miles so I am pretending it was my first 45km-er! It was only local - I had meant to go over to Sandwich* but I'd had a migraine the previous day and was unable to make an early enough start, also thought maybe I shouldn't go too far afield in case it came back. I went on my semi-'bent for comfort and amazed myself but going up a really long hill in reasonable form. I thought the knees/thighs would be punishing me today but they seem ok and I think I might even manage my 10-mile utility ride today (to the opticians).

I suppose I have occasionally gone "out for a little ride" in the past, also I have started to take a few extra loops when commuting, but this was my first proper ride and it was lovely! Thanks!

*Edit: by train I mean - then do a loop over there.

Last edited:
Top Bottom