My first true ARRRGGHHH!!! moment

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Hello, on Saturday there, I was cycling to the regatta at Strathclyde Park, and had decided to cycle from Hamilton Central Station (a distance of a mile or two) along a road I had never cycled before (although I knew it was a main road that went UNDER the M8, (empasis on the word 'under').

Anyway, I was happily cycling along the main road towards Motherwell and without thinking, got over into the left hand lane .....only to suddenly realise it was the turn off for the M8!! :blush:

Well, I tried to get back across to the right lane, but predictably there was a car right behind me, so I had to make a rather hasty stop at the side of the road instead, with the occupants of the passing cars looking at me like Goldfish (I think partly because I was saying 'AAARRGGHHHH BLOODY HELL!' or somesuch phrase to myself at the time, and the expression on my face must have been a dead giveaway that it was a total mistake :blush:).

The slightly gaulling thing was that there was a pavement and pedestrian footbridge over the junction right next to me, so I quietly continued on my journey that way instead :rolleyes::biggrin:

I WONT MAKE THAT MISTAKE TWICE!!

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
doh-homer-simpson-doh.jpg

asterix

Comrade Member
In France, one sunny day, I found myself cycling with no lights on a dual carriageway through a very long, rather narrow and dark tunnel because I hadn't checked the map and found a way round it. There was, as they say, no turning back, and I reached extraordinary speeds so as to get through quickly..

OP
OP
M

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
I was walking home from school many moons ago and thought I heard someone shouting my name. I looked about whilst still walking, but couldn't see anyone so I looked forwards again ..... just in time to walk straight into a lamp post. :biggrin::blush:

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
I was riding along and noticed my bar-end plug looked like it was about to fall out.

"A good whack with the hand will sort that out" I thought. Did too, not really the best of ideas though.

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
I remember a particularly badly timed attempt to bunny hop up a particulary high kerb. Too early. front wheel lands down in front of kerb. Bike stops dead. I don't.

Cue sudden realisation that the bike stem is not a good 1st point of contact - especially for that part of the anatomy :eek:

Top Bottom