My First Video

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi All

Just received my new ATC3 Action Cam this afternoon and couldn’t wait to make use of it.

I’ve made and uploaded my first video on YouTube –

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ufuxYw4RBQ

it’s a comparison of using the road v the cycle facilities here in Richmond. (For those that are interested, along the A316 between Chalker’s Corner and Richmond Roundabout, just put TW9 into Multimap). No surprises, but using the facilities took twice as long as using the road, and in my opinion, put me in more danger as I had to cross no fewer than 26 junctions in just over a mile.

I’m pretty happy with it but would really appreciate some feedback, either negative or positive. Next project will be a film of some of the more crap local facilities for bikes, along with any examples of pathetic “vehicle management”.

Both clips were filmed this evening between 7 and 8 pm. I’m not against cycling facilities but was rather worried earlier in the year when the proposed revision of the HC was going to suggest that cyclist should use the provided facilities “where possible” as opposed to “where practical” – I’m sure if I was a less confident cyclist I’d prefer to be off the road.

Anyway – thanks in advance for any feedback – it’s most appreciated!

Nick

Keith Oates

Janner
It seems to me that the cycling facilities are only good if you're just 'pottering' around and taking in the scenery. To actually get somewhere in reasonable time the road has to be the option!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
TwickenhamCyclist
BentMikey said:
That's a tremendous difference! I'm amazed that it's as bad as that.

It is – but to be fair, I did pick a particularly bad example, but I have been asked why I don’t use the cyclepath along that stretch. Where the video ends, the dual carriageway goes up to a 40mph limit and, apart from a couple of silly bits, the path is uninterrupted into Twickenham – so I always use that off road facility as it's just as quick.

Thanks for looking!

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Top video. I'm bookmarking it to deal with any 'should be using the path' types at work.

I've considered doing this for my commute to show up some of the farcilities on NCN23, but I find the thought of actually using them too depressing. All those thousands of tax payers' money wasted when it could be resting in my account ;)

Top Bottom