My Genesis cdf gets a set p45's

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
oh and there are a set of p45's for sale SKS Bluemels Reflective Mudguard Set

U

User19783

IMG_20170105_234138.jpg

I just like to show you how I fitted my front guard, using SKS guards fitted on a older CDF than yours.

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
will have to have a play with some spacers on front then

winjim

Smash the cistern
Some lovely bikes in this thread
@Rustybucket and @winjim, please could you detail your tyre and mudguard combinations in the pics? I'm weighing up 30-32mm & P35 guards (if that'll work?) or the P45s. Many thanks
Mine are the P45s and as you can see there's stacks of clearance for the 28mm Rubinos I usually use. In icy conditions I use Schwalbe Winter 30mm spiked snow tyres and while there's just enough clearance for them, I do get loose snow stuck between tyre and guard so maybe the P50s would have been better for that particular use.

I think the P45s give you the flexibility to use a range of tyre widths but if you fitted P35s then while your proposed 30-32mm would probably be ok, you might be stuck if you wanted to use a wider tyre at some point in the future. The P50s might look silly with skinny road tyres but that's just aesthetics.

Rustybucket

Veteran
My tyres are 28mm, I'm guessing the mudguards are P35's as there is very little clearance. I'll have a proper look later this morning when I go on the bike.

I got a bike shop to fit them and it seems they were abit lazy and just bent the stays of the mudguards, doesn't look very good but at least keeps me dry!

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Just got back from first double figure ride since fitting the p45's what a difference the bike is cleaner and so am i , well worth fitting .

It makes a great all round bike even better imho

i think anything wider than 700 x 32 might be a tight fit on p45's

Top Bottom