My God, the price of everything going up!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I went to use this phone yesterday and got such a shock!

DSC_0382.JPG

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Well you would.

D

Deleted member 26715

This guy might if he was anywhere near.

But that's the point, what are the chances of somebody having a heart attack near one? Seems like a total waste of money, unless somebody can educate me otherwise

But that's the point, what are the chances of somebody having a heart attack near one? Seems like a total waste of money, unless somebody can educate me otherwise

If you have a heart attack and don't get a defibrillator used - your survival rate is about 5%

If someone uses a defibrillator on you the survival rate is over 70%

I know my local parkrun couldn't go ahead until we had raised the cash for a defibrillator for the event.

I think they're under a grand now so it's not a huge cost for something so effective.

D

Deleted member 26715

If you have a heart attack and don't get a defibrillator used - your survival rate is about 5%

If someone uses a defibrillator on you the survival rate is over 70%

I know my local parkrun couldn't go ahead until we had raised the cash for a defibrillator for the event.

I think they're under a grand now so it's not a huge cost for something so effective.

I understand the logic, but there is one out side our local Co-op unless somebody has a HA inside the shop & somebody knows the combination to the keypad & then knows how to use one, they just come across as an ornament.

I understand the organisers of a fun run are required to have one/several onsite/available but they normally get the St Johns in to do it, who will have the equipment & know how to use it. I know when I just to run Horse shows it was in our insurance policy we had to have medical on-site.

I'm not objecting to them & if they save lives then good, but it seems to me that somebody who has an interest in them convinced somebody it was a good idea to have them put everywhere, seems like a jobs for the boys type of affair, one of Boris's pals maybe.

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
I understand the logic, but there is one out side our local Co-op unless somebody has a HA inside the shop & somebody knows the combination to the keypad & then knows how to use one, they just come across as an ornament.

I understand the organisers of a fun run are required to have one/several onsite/available but they normally get the St Johns in to do it, who will have the equipment & know how to use it. I know when I just to run Horse shows it was in our insurance policy we had to have medical on-site.

I'm not objecting to them & if they save lives then good, but it seems to me that somebody who has an interest in them convinced somebody it was a good idea to have them put everywhere, seems like a jobs for the boys type of affair, one of Boris's pals maybe.

On the box, there's the number to ring for the release code, most if not all the villages where I live have them, and you know where they are.

Hopefully nobody ever needs them, as the stats above without them...

Money for most raised by fundraising

Top Bottom