My God, the price of everything going up!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 26715

The price of stuff in our local Co-op I am sure there are plenty of people having heart attacks in there!

To get back on topic, I bought a Waburton's loaf there yesterday £1.40, £1.10 in Asda

Dave7

Legendary Member
I went to buy some helium balloons for our anniversary.......they have really gone up.

D

Deleted member 26715

I went to buy some helium balloons for our anniversary.......they have really gone up.

Many years ago my son got out of the car & must not have had proper hold of the balloon, he was quite distraught when it flew off into the sky.

Not really lost but get your drift. Nice post and good info, I've just registered the two in my village

Was going to say the same thing, from the article:

"The location of 30,000 community defibrillators is known, but an estimated 70,000 devices are not yet registered - which is where the public can help. If you are in charge of an organisation that has one, make sure you register the device with The Circuit."

On the actual map I can't see one near me so it is not registered, I can't register it myself so next time I walk past it I'll see if I can tell who looks after it and give them a nudge to register it:okay:

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
A modest day out in The Lakes - stupid prices:

At a pub:

Light lunch for two:

Me: open sandwich + small side of chips + Becks Blue Zero Alcohol 330ml at £15.45

Mrs SD: jacket spud/tuna filling + small side of chips + large NZ Sauvignon Blanc at £21.45

From a waffle and ice cream shop:

2 x single scoop ice creams at £8.00

At a coffee shop:

2 x Lattes at £7.50

Total of £52.40 for not a right lot.

Am I being deluded in thinking that this is crazy and that we shan't be bothering again?

At a pub:

Light lunch for two:

Me: open sandwich + small side of chips + Becks Blue Zero Alcohol 330ml at £15.45

Mrs SD: jacket spud/tuna filling + small side of chips + large NZ Sauvignon Blanc at £21.45

At a coffee shop:

2 x Lattes at £7.50

Am I being deluded in thinking that this is crazy and that we shan't be bothering again?

Does sound pricey but what can you do ? Everything has gone up in price so they must follow.
I'd rather take a flask of coffee or something than miss out on the lakes.

D

Deleted member 26715

We won't miss out on The Lakes as we live here but the prices have become absurd recently.

They are cashing in on the tourists, I thought you natives up there had some form of funny handshake, a nod a wink or a weird phrase you had to utter to get the local prices? Maybe you've not been there long enough :laugh:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!

At a pub:

Light lunch for two:

At a coffee shop:

2 x Lattes at £7.50

I was thinking of offering to buy 3 ice creams on the recent Dales ride but the smallest/cheapest unadulterated ones were £4 each. No thanks!

Mo1959

Legendary Member
cat food
whiskas multi pouch pack last year £3, now £4.50
As any cat owner knows if you buy something they dont like be it cheap or premium the cat would rather starve

Especially given the likes of Whiskas, Felix, etc are really poor quality with very little decent meat and lots of fillers. I’ve started ordering decent stuff from Zooplus again. Mostly German brands. Grain free, much higher percentage of meat and no nasty fillers, sugar, etc. She’s worth it! 😺

Slick

Guru
Especially given the likes of Whiskas, Felix, etc are really poor quality with very little decent meat and lots of fillers. I’ve started ordering decent stuff from Zooplus again. Mostly German brands. Grain free, much higher percentage of meat and no nasty fillers, sugar, etc. She’s worth it! 😺

Zooplus you say. :okay:

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite

At a pub:

Light lunch for two:

At a coffee shop:

2 x Lattes at £7.50

I assume that wasn't the Wetherspoons in Keswick?

Top Bottom