My honest Postman

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gary r

Guru
i heard the mail come through the door this morning,when i went to pick it up i saw a £5 note tucked into the rubber band holding the mail together,I opened the door and shouted down the road (thinking he had pushed it through by mistake)
"Hi,i found the £5 on your path so i put it through your door"
I checked my pocket and realised when i took the dog out this morning i must have dropped it getting my keys out.
I couldnt believe how honest he has been.I must see if i can email camberley post office to praise him.:hello:

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
What a nice postie

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Heard the one about the old lady who writes to Santa because she can't afford anything at Christmas. The posties see the letter, take pity and and have whip-round and send her £10. She writes a thank you to Santa, which the posties read, and it says 'thanks for the money, I'll bet it was more but those thieving bastard postmen nicked the rest' ;)

Well done to your postie btw

upsidedown

Waiting for the great leap forward
threebikesmcginty said:
Heard the one about the old lady who writes to Santa because she can't afford anything at Christmas. The posties see the letter, take pity and and have whip-round and send her £10. She writes a thank you to Santa, which the posties read, and it says 'thanks for the money, I'll bet it was more but those thieving bastard postmen nicked the rest' :blush:

Very good. ;)

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
threebikesmcginty said:
Heard the one about the old lady who writes to Santa because she can't afford anything at Christmas. The posties see the letter, take pity and and have whip-round and send her £10. She writes a thank you to Santa, which the posties read, and it says 'thanks for the money, I'll bet it was more but those thieving bastard postmen nicked the rest' ;)

You remind me of...

"A wealthy gentleman was badly bitten by bugs while on a cruise ship. He wrote an indignant letter, and received a prompt reply. They were horrified. Nothing of this kind had ever happened before. Investigations had failed to reveal any explanation, but a number of initiatives had been put in place to ensure that such an unfortunate incident could never happen again. The letter was signed by a high official of the company.

The gentleman was well satisfied with this reply and was returning it to the envelope when a slip of paper fell out, bearing the scribbled note: "Send this guy the bug letter."

[quote name='swee'pea99']You remind me of...

"A wealthy gentleman was badly bitten by bugs while on a cruise ship. He wrote an indignant letter, and received a prompt reply. They were horrified. Nothing of this kind had ever happened before. Investigations had failed to reveal any explanation, but a number of initiatives had been put in place to ensure that such an unfortunate incident could never happen again. The letter was signed by a high official of the company.

The gentleman was well satisfied with this reply and was returning it to the envelope when a slip of paper fell out, bearing the scribbled note: "Send this guy the bug letter."[/QUOTE]

I heard that one with the overnight sleeper train to Scotland and "flea letter" post-it.

Maz

Guru
ColinJ said:
In a way, it's a bit of an indictment of where we're at as a society that we feel it necessary to praise honesty, don't you think?
Yes, but the postie probably kept quiet about the 2 tenners he found next to the fiver.

Top Bottom