My House Is A Skip. What About Yours?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
Aside from it looking like the top of the giant Gwendol Wrekin ap Shenkin ap Mynyddmawr's ice cream fell off and landed on the floor, £50 a month for a skip is an absolute bloody bargain! I can't get that around here in the midlands to stuff with house crap. Still, it's a great idea, built from the shame of complete lack of affordability of living in a large part of London. Massive liberties take as well, such as free portaloo and land use but take it while you can i say and when its time to move on, just take a sledge hammer to it and fill the skip and off you go. Fantastic!

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Does Skippy live there?

Jameshow

Veteran
No onboard toilet or shower needs a hgv to move it too.

A demountable would be a better more useable project tbh.

It's a publicity stunt tbh!

I don't get the skip bit. Surely better to just build it as a freestanding shed or buy a cheap s/h mobilehome/camper type vehicle. £5k will get a tatty but decent motorhome with kitchen, toilet and bed etc. £50 per month for skip hire seems pointless to me.

OP
OP
HMS_Dave

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
No onboard toilet or shower needs a hgv to move it too.

A demountable would be a better more useable project tbh.

It's a publicity stunt tbh!

Aye, It's unlikely to gain any sort of following for a trend. Surely not the most ideal place to say where you live, for example you meet someone. "Hello, Im Dave, i live in a Skip"....

Still, im amazed at the price he obtained a skip for. £50 a month in London!?

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I'm not sure it would suit me. No flushing WC, no hot water, no electricity, no space to do anything.
I suppose you could just about exist. I imagine the cost of gym membership for a hot shower and a shave would swamp the cost of skip hire.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
my house is treated like a skip by the kids

Top Bottom