My Latest arrivals

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
its been a busy in and around my garage over the last few days

1st up is 1980's Raleigh Competition full original spec complete with original tyres , apart from some slight marking to the pearlescent paintwork and rusty spokes all very nice and operational . its a 60cm frame so a bit big for me but will give it a try and see how i get on . unsure what to do re the wheels either re spoke or use some others .

next up is a 1975 Don Farell Touring bike 1 owner from new who had it made to order , sadly its lost the original GB bars and down tube levers and crankset . Hubs are campag with 27" wienmann rims again with some very rusty spokes and some good cobwebs to boot , some paintwork battle scars but noting to bad considering its age .

unsure what will happen to both so if anybody fancys a project on either give me a shout sure we can work something out

don1.JPG don2.JPG don3.JPG comp1.JPG comp2.JPG comp3.JPG

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Very nice Martin. Don Farell, that takes me back. He had a shop in Edgware not too far from where I lived in north London. The Clubman looks good and it's my size too! Shame I'm not a bit nearer.

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
quick update the Raleigh has found a new home , whilst the Don Farrell has been away at LBS for some wheel rebuilds using nickel plated double butted spokes and a full grease up , now the refit commences

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
well an hour in the garage tonight has found me some nice GB Maes bars and a matching stem , gear levers fitted back on the down tube and roughly cabled up .

just the brakes to go now so fingers crossed might get a test ride this weekend

even discovered under all the gunge around fr & rr drop outs they are campag drop outs

Top Bottom