My latest creation from a pre-owned naked frame.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Well my Benotto has been stripped and the frame is up for sale having used the applicable parts/components on the latest creation.
It is 50cm Bianchi Via Nirone 7 Alu Carbon Flat-bar Road Hybrid sporting a triple plus a 10spd rear cassette.
Four years or so ago I bought a Veloce 10spd plus triple flat bar levers and have finally put them to use.
I suspect that it will become my Winter stead so that my Steve Goff can be hung-up and not get covered in the filth of the rural lanes that adorns the area of Lancashire that I live in.
The 46:38:26 triple in conjunction with the 12:13:14:15:16:17:19:21:23:15 rear cassette gives me a wide range from a high 100.82 inch gear to a low 27.35 inch gear without anything actually duplicating.

Initially I struggled to find a bottom bracket cartridge that would allow the triple to function across all three rings using a Veloce Double front derailleur. I was reluctant to pay the silly money for a new triple as they were the only ones available after weeks and weeks of searching for a good pre-owned one.
I ended-up using a 103mm spindle having bought a new cartridge from VP Components.

The end result is a very very comfortable and leisurely ride for my 72yr old bones to cope with.
DSCF4337.JPG
DSCF4339.JPG
DSCF4340.JPG

Thorn Sherpa

Über Member
Nice bike :okay: I like how the cat has followed you round the garden to get in the pics!

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Nice, the flat bars should get up the noses of Bianchi owners somewhat. :becool:

Hi all that have commented. Thank you.
The other cat had just disappeared over the gate so was not available for a photo-shoot and the cat that is visible is just a little heavy for carrying on a bike. The latest edition to the bungalow a recently rescued but now spayed kitten had just found that it was easier to go under the gate rather than over it.
Yes,the forward facing front skewer is something that I have always done despite the No No's,I can close them down easier and more positively by having my fingers better positioned. In the 57yrs of using them I have never had an issue with any of them.

The one addition to the bike that makes for a pleasant ride is the pair of Ergo Grips,I find that the tendency to grip the bars is reduced by using them and then the fitting of the knuckle savers to the bar-ends. Reducing the overall length of the bars to 520mm makes the steering control just that little less twitchy.
DSCF4329.JPG

Nice, the flat bars should get up the noses of Bianchi owners somewhat. :becool:

Hi rn. I had intended doing that very same conversion to my previous 50cm Bianchi Via Nirone 7 Alu Carbon in Celeste but decided that I needed something with a little more colour (bling) and a spot of individuality.

Bianchi did one a few years ago called The Bianchi Camaleonte but this one of mine was built by me for me and runs on the same drive chain as my 50cm Steve Goff albeit that has dropped bars.
DSCF4247.JPG

Yes,I have had some funny looks as I have ridden through the lanes of Scarisbrick,Lancashire on my Bianchi Hybrid.

Thanks biggs. Is that for both or just the one ? I am now so torn as to which is the better ride that I really think that they will both be buried with me like the Pharaohs did with their chariots. After-all the 'After Life' would appear to be longer than the life on earth for us mere mortals.
At 72yrs young I am not holding my breath as the 'After Life' may just come a little premature.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Thanks biggs. Is that for both or just the one ? I am now so torn as to which is the better ride that I really think that they will both be buried with me like the Pharaohs did with their chariots. After-all the 'After Life' would appear to be longer than the life on earth for us mere mortals.
At 72yrs young I am not holding my breath as the 'After Life' may just come a little premature.

More for the Goff

But the Bianchi looks nice as well .

That's a good idea being buried with your bikes , might have to suggest that

Top Bottom