My latest Vid....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BenM

Veteran
Hmmmm 242 was an interesting one! can I ask why, when the bus was obviously dedicated to squashing you, your path continued along the nearside of the vehicle? surely waiting for it to get out of the way would have been a good idea?

I am really glad I don't cycle in London ;)

B.

Tynan

Veteran
lots of my route there

those Stratford cones are very poor aren't they

what were you thinkig divng between those two buses!I have to say I find nearly all buses on my route vey aware and very good

althugh I came home bang on time yesterday (school play) and the buses round Aldgate and Stepneywere all very agressive like they were racing or something

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Tynan said:
lots of my route there

those Stratford cones are very poor aren't they

what were you thinkig divng between those two buses!I have to say I find nearly all buses on my route vey aware and very good

+1...perhaps its you Hackers! maybe you're a bus magnet.

To be honest, I saw nothing on the vid that that showed the bus drivers in "that" bad a light (standard busy roads etc), but your choice to continue between two busses like that (242 I think) was bonkers. perhaps you will appear on a bus drivers tribute to fine cycling vid someplace.;)

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
Hmmm.. Agreed. Filtering between two buses is not a good move (although I must confess to having done it myself, learning a similar lesson).

I do have sympathies with the OP though. Buses on my commute (Fulham <> Bromley) have some nasty habits. Nowadays I leave them well alone, stop well back, or fly by when they're reloading.

The only time they really bug me now is when I pull up behind one 'cos its indicating out, then find I've earned a 40 second wait whilst the engine cooks me and nobody moves.

Ok. Let the bus go first, but please do actually go.

(hmm.. 40 seconds. That's not very significant now I write it. I need some patience).

Edit - Oh. Plus points for the music. Nice choice.

OP
OP
H

hackbike 666

242 thingy...I knew what I was doing...with my intention to get onto the pavement...I was never going to filter between the two buses and the 242 bus made it unclear what he was doing...I realised by watching his wheels what he was going to do (although it was a bit late is was no problem) and once I was on the pavement I got off.I was actually surprised because he was too near the traffic lights but I actually thought before hand he was goign to pull in at the start just after he overtook me.

The 242 moment is probably not as bad as it looks if you are at least aware of what he may do.

The vid was not to have a go at bus drivers but more of a tongue in cheek video.

Did I actually filter or did I actually let him make his move before I actually went....If I wasn't going onto the pavement to get off I would have actually passed on the right.TIA

BenM

Veteran
Thanks for the explanation Hack666 - it looks, to me at least, that, as if once the bus has turned in across you, you carry on riding between him at the stationary vehicle.

Nice illustration of why a camera isn't a panacea to all incidents :smile:

B

OP
OP
H

hackbike 666

Thanks.

I would easily swap that with the landrover incident the other week.At least I was in control and knew what i wanted to do

Top Bottom