My LEJOG 2019 (as if there'll ever be another one..lol)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

13 rider

Guru
Well done Pete that an epic ride :notworthy::notworthy:
I was thinking you've been a bit slack not doing 50km for the monthly challenge :laugh:

Last edited:
OP
OP
PeteXXX

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Well done Pete that an epic ride :notworthy::notworthy:
I was thinking you've been a bit slack not doing 50km for the monthly challenge :laugh:
Cheers.. I doubt I'll repeat it :tongue:
I'll update the challenges when I get a minute to myself!

Last edited:
OP
OP
PeteXXX

PeteXXX

Thank you @Katherine I'm glad I did it, and that MrsPete gave me her blessing
@Heltor Chasca Cheers.. I got my mind to treat it as lots of separate rides, one day after another. It stopped the negative thoughts of the distances involved.

:smile:

Tenko

Great write up Pete, which I read from end to end in one go.
I’m new to cycling but intend to do the Jogle in next couple of months and will utilise a lot of your route, some I had already planned.
If you have any tips or things you would change please let me know.
I intend to camp on the majority of nights.

OP
OP
PeteXXX

PeteXXX

Great write up Pete, which I read from end to end in one go.
I’m new to cycling but intend to do the Jogle in next couple of months and will utilise a lot of your route, some I had already planned.
If you have any tips or things you would change please let me know.
I intend to camp on the majority of nights.
Thanks. It was quite a challenge.
You're welcome to grab any of the gpx's you want, or the whole route on the ridewithgps link, and edit your copy to whatever you want..
I camped a few nights, then B&B or Hostels (in Scotland).
If it's a solo unsupported ride, like mine, there's a lot of stuff to carry, even if it's just basic things!

Any issues, or help you need, pm me, or post it on the forum. There's lots of folk here with more LEJOG experience than me!

Tenko

Thanks. It was quite a challenge.
You're welcome to grab any of the gpx's you want, or the whole route on the ridewithgps link, and edit your copy to whatever you want..
I camped a few nights, then B&B or Hostels (in Scotland).
If it's a solo unsupported ride, like mine, there's a lot of stuff to carry, even if it's just basic things!

Any issues, or help you need, pm me, or post it on the forum. There's lots of folk here with more LEJOG experience than me!
Thanks Pete.

Ice2911

Über Member
Chapeau sir, I enjoyed the write up. Reminded me of my first tour 2 years ago when I rode a similar unsupported route. About to start my next adventure in a fortnight and this has wetted my appetite even more. Just reminded me I need to pack my Avon Oh so soft for the midgies !!!

Top Bottom