My local bike shop

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dickie

My local bike shop has some really good deals inc free delivery on high end Giant and Specialized.

Martin the owner asked if I would mind giving him a small plug, so I have.

The site is still under constuction and new stuff is added often. They also do Hope, Chris King and loads more.

If you want it they can get it, I figure its nice to know of as many decent bike shops as you can.

http://www.citycycleschichester.com/default.aspx

Hugh Jarse

Got to agree with Dickie, City Cycles has always been a good shop and the owners are a husband and wife team who seem to offer good sound advice, the only problem is they don't seem to hold carrera's in very high regard.

Bigtallfatbloke

A good lbs is a rare thing it wold seem, well i havent found one local yet. I went into a shop in Brentwood last month (i won't name them but it wasn't the kiddies bike shop!) and asked about Panniers...."what are they then?" was the reply I got:rolleyes::confused:!!!

Bigtallfatbloke said:
I went into a shop in Brentwood last month (i won't name them but it wasn't the kiddies bike shop!) and asked about Panniers...."what are they then?" was the reply I got:rolleyes::confused:!!!

Was that the one at the bottom end of the High St.? I was there not so long ago (being a Brentwood lad) and they seemed pretty clued up!
And the other one, just up from Halford's is pretty good, too.

Bigtallfatbloke

yes it was...at the M25 end not the small double mini roundabout end....very helpful in there but I am afraid once I heard that I was heading for the door. Since then I have bought front and rear panniers, and bar bag, spd pedals, spd shoes and a brooks saddle....they could have had the lot...oh and I still need to get a good jacket..but they are not on my list. I also aske din there about a bike fit....initially they were confused, I was then eventually informed that it could be done (but they dont offer them) but ..."it'll cost you around £300 mate"....erm....really?? I've heard talk on forums of bike fits for around £30-40....I just felt they were not really as knowledgeable as I had expected them to be.

The lady in the 'kiddies' bike shop at the other end of the high street was very nice but if you know the shop you'll know it's not a 'pro'LBS, more aimed at the kids I felt.

Top Bottom