My Mate Marmite

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Vikeonabike

CC Neighbourhood Police Constable
I hate him and love him at the same time. I don't know his name and we have never spoken.
He leaves work around 2-3 minutes in front of me on a 2mile stretch of straight Roman road. Riding at about 15-17mph on full-sus Scott MTB with spds. He wears a neon yellow target on his back that I can see from over a mile a way.
Why? Love him because I have to chase hard to catch him and he pulls me to a PB. :smile:I hate him because my legs feel like lead after every ride and I don't need any more reasons to work hard on every ride!:tongue:

dondare

Über Member
I recently bought a Foska Marmite cycling top. On the front it says "Marmite" and on the back it says "Hate Jams".
I haven't worn it yet as it bound to incite every other cyclist on the road to chase me down.

HaloJ

Rabid cycle nut
Next time you see him drop in behind out of site and recover your breath. Then move out and pull alongside like it's been no effort and request he buy a road bike before riding on. ;)

Arch

Married to Night Train
dondare said:
I recently bought a Foska Marmite cycling top. On the front it says "Marmite" and on the back it says "Hate Jams".
I haven't worn it yet as it bound to incite every other cyclist on the road to chase me down.

You'll also get a lot of 'I like your shirt' remarks, I do...

PK99

Legendary Member
dondare said:

I've got that in a Winter training top, it never fails to attract comment from other cyclists or pedestrians or even the odd driver who winds his window down

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
dondare said:

The back of one of mine has this:
wallace-and-gromit-back-road.png

Arch

Married to Night Train
dondare said:
Right, I'll do it.

Be prepared to tell people where you got it, I often get asked where it came from. I got very good at spelling FOSKA.

Maizie

Veteran
gaz said:
The back of one of mine has this:
wallace-and-gromit-back-road.png

My husband has threatened to buy me this one, but I don't think I'd be brave enough to wear - I'm always getting overtaken by 'real' cyclists, surely this would just be goading them (or getting them extra scalping-points...I just know I'd read on here one day 'overtook slow fat bird on a slicked-up ancient mtb with a 'keep up lad' shirt on')

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Maizie said:
My husband has threatened to buy me this one, but I don't think I'd be brave enough to wear - I'm always getting overtaken by 'real' cyclists, surely this would just be goading them (or getting them extra scalping-points...I just know I'd read on here one day 'overtook slow fat bird on a slicked-up ancient mtb with a 'keep up lad' shirt on')

For all they know you've done 20 miles before they met you. :biggrin: If you like it, wear it, thats my idea. I wear a Homer "Doh!" jersey and kids often shout it out to me:tongue:

Top Bottom