my mate...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
...the one I told you about last week, got knocked off by a swerving POB? He got a letter from the hospital, saying they've had another look at his x-rays, and he has a fractured vertebrae after all....;) So he's looking at 3-4 weeks off work (not the best time of year for a postie to be off!). Apparently, it's a 'wedge fracture', whatever that is, and all he can do is rest it and take painkillers. Which rather knocks Christmas cheer on the head, or at least the drinks bit...

I expect he's worried they'll write again in a fortnight and say, "oh, actually, we've thought about it some more, and you're dead..."

ChrisW

My mate in the office had wedge fracture from coming off his bike after hitting wet diesel. It happens when you go staright down on your coccyx and it HURTS!

Ouch, hope he gets better...

Arch said:
...the one I told you about last week, got knocked off by a swerving POB? He got a letter from the hospital, saying they've had another look at his x-rays, and he has a fractured vertebrae after all....;) So he's looking at 3-4 weeks off work (not the best time of year for a postie to be off!). Apparently, it's a 'wedge fracture', whatever that is, and all he can do is rest it and take painkillers. Which rather knocks Christmas cheer on the head, or at least the drinks bit...

I expect he's worried they'll write again in a fortnight and say, "oh, actually, we've thought about it some more, and you're dead..."

Not good. I hope your friend has some success chasing the other 'cyclist' up for costs etc.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Chuffy said:
RM are pretty good with sick pay etc, so long as he's got a reasonable record to date.

Good luck with chasing down the prat who decked him...

yer he will probably come back straight onto a stage1 or 2 warning depending on previous sick record ;)

Top Bottom