My New 99p Ride!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

itaa

Got this yday from fleabay auction, 99pence...I don't even know why I placed a bid on it at the time.. Looked really rough when I picked it up, 1hour cleaning/autosol metal polish , re-did the brakes/gears & seems like the bike hasn't even been used... Did a test ride today and that thing rides smoother /faster than my main bike. Came with all kind of goodies as well.
Best thing? It has suspension seat post!

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Great result, chapeau.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Nice one Would make a great knock about town /canal path type bike. I would now invest in at least 20 times as much in a lock if you want to leave it outside pubs shops etc.

I should think a Helium bike would be very light!

U

User32269

98p more than it's worth. Probably nicked if it was sold with no reserve on eBay starting price 99p.
I've sold loads of bikes on my wife's e bay on 99p auctions.
Not stolen one of them.

Crankarm

Guru
Nice one Would make a great knock about town /canal path type bike. I would now invest in at least 20 times as much in a lock if you want to leave it outside pubs shops etc.

I should think a Helium bike would be very light!

Indeed, very ........ light fingered ;). Potentially explosive :hyper:.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
98p more than it's worth. Probably nicked if it was sold with no reserve on eBay starting price 99p.

Like others - not true. I bought a Spesh Hotrock 7 speed last year needing a couple of bits for 99p and turned it into a single speed for my 13yo to use on holiday (mind you the parts to build it into single speed with slick tyres cost a lot more!):

spesh.jpg

Last edited:

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer

No, a thief wants to turn their stolen bike into ready cash. 99p isn't worth getting your collar felt for no matter what.
The sort of sellers doing the 99p specials are the ones who genuinely have no idea of an item's worth or the alternative would be to take it to the tip and selling it saves them the fuel to get it there. Some people just want rid of something out of their way and obtaining the best price may be of no concern whatsoever to them.
I've had two eBay bikes for £1 or under; one was a horrible full-sus BSO in bright pink, the other was a badly described Apollo commuting hybrid in the smallest frame size imaginable. Both had very good condition saddles & alloy wheels and I stripped them of all useful parts and scrapped the leftovers.

Last edited:
Top Bottom