My new Audax bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
I've built this up around a bargain priced Dave Yates' Randonneur frame.

It's now complete apart from the front lamp to go with the dynamo hub

IMG_0059.jpg

IMG_0056-1.jpg

ZgzV5r1_JYttBeTgg_gXmQ

yello

A good sturdy looking bike. What headlamp are you thinking of getting?

And the saddlebag, a Carradice but which one?

OP
OP
vernon

vernon

yello said:
A good sturdy looking bike. What headlamp are you thinking of getting?

And the saddlebag, a Carradice but which one?

I'm waiting for delivery of a B+M IQ fly LED headlamp - due any day now.

The saddlebag is a Carradice Barley in green canvas.

ACS

Legendary Member
vernon said:
I'm waiting for delivery of a B+M IQ fly LED headlamp - due any day now.

The saddlebag is a Carradice Barleycorn in green canvas.

Thank you. Think we are going to see the back end of another £100. Decided that the saddlebag would just not look right without a Brooks saddle. Took up cycling to save money. :sad::laugh:

OP
OP
vernon

vernon

satans budgie said:
Thank you. Think we are going to see the back end of another £100. Decided that the saddlebag would just not look right without a Brooks saddle. Took up cycling to save money. :sad::laugh:

See them as an investment. You will save money in the long term as you won't need to buy replacements for a very long time.

yello

A barleycorn? Not heard of that one. The barley perhaps... but it looks more square and solid than a barley, which I thought was like a roll.

I'm interested in the IQ fly too but I'd heard that B&M have a 'better' one yet so I was waiting to read reviews of that. I have a Lumotec Oval at the moment which is good but if there is better then I'm always interested!

OP
OP
vernon

vernon

yello said:
A barleycorn? Not heard of that one. The barley perhaps... but it looks more square and solid than a barley, which I thought was like a roll.

I'm interested in the IQ fly too but I'd heard that B&M have a 'better' one yet so I was waiting to read reviews of that. I have a Lumotec Oval at the moment which is good but if there is better then I'm always interested!

It is the Barley, I'd corrected the error a short while ago. The Barley will look like a roll when it's filled :-) At the moment it just sags.

The IQ will meet my needs as it is considerably better than the Halogen Lumotec that I use on my Galaxy. I'm not so sure that I'd appreciate the 'improvement' of the newest offering it really would have to be a step change upwards to be worth the wait.

Plax

Guru
Very nice bike - love the colour.

Re the saddlebag - I have the barley (with a brooks saddle of course!) and it's very good. Got mine from Bike+, think they have them on offer at the moment for £32 ish.

OP
OP
vernon

vernon

postman said:
I have seen that frame and it is a beauty.

I see the bike first thing every morning as it has yet to be moved into the garage. I think that it is a thing of great beauty and deserves to be kept indoors. My wife thinks otherwise.

I'll be using it on a DIY 100km Audax for the first time next weekend between Wetherby, Selby and York - nothing too challenging at first to get a feel for the gearing which is a bit taller than that fitted to my Galaxy.

Top Bottom