My New Bianchi Minimax Fixie

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
3717401062_833922d7f3_b.jpg

Ben M

oh deary me.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Im telling you, cut down those bars abit, take off the top tube protector, and have a black saddle on, and that will look good.
Get rid of the pump mount aswell. Everything on the bike is nice and clean, then theres that pump mount there sticking out:wacko:

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
The frame and wheels are ok - the rest of it is a bit more of a fashion statement, sort of thing you'd see on the ghastly LFGSS site.

Scenery is pretty, nice rolling landscape, just right for a fixed gear.

Tupperware's empty so the sarnies were good, wonder what sort they were? - that kind of detail is important!

Joe24

threebikesmcginty said:
The frame and wheels are ok - the rest of it is a bit more of a fashion statement, sort of thing you'd see on the ghastly LFGSS site.

Scenery is pretty, nice rolling landscape, just right for a fixed gear.

Tupperware's empty so the sarnies were good, wonder what sort they were? - that kind of detail is important!

Its not though, those bars let it down too much!
The top tube protector is also abit silly, needed one colour on their thats bright or something. Maybe just one that was half the top tube in black or something.
Although, it would look alot better without the top tube protector.

Joe24

The rest is an attempt at a fashion statement.
Like when you see someone in fake Gucci, trying to be cool like someone in real gucci, or whatever the **** you want to have as an example.

Joe24

Fashion statement bike(ish, cant be arsed to search through much to find a better one)
Per-2.jpg

Not so much of a fashion statement
3717401062_833922d7f3_b.jpg

OP
OP
D

dansenior

Ok, no I havent run away somewhere, Im still here, just had a bad day yesterday with work, and wasnt really ready to face criticism, Ive listened and read all that everyone has to say, and although I still think some peoples comments were harsh, I think some good points were made about style and appearance, ive made a couple of changes to the bike, taken the top tube pad off, shortened the bars (although i think they probably could be shortened more) and added a 1970s brooks swallow leather saddle, now tell me how terrible it looks!!!!

3722050242_e78dd71932.jpg

3721238567_fb16e35025.jpg

3721239269_239b56d06b.jpg

Joe24

Now that is nicer:becool:
Got anywhere to put the pump instead of on the frame?
The bars from the front look narrower then they do from the other angle, but they do look better i think.
I have flats on my mess about fixed, i personally think they look better, and i have them narrow-ish(not too narrow that they are stupid for climbing) and i like them.
But if risers are what you prefere for bars..........
Although, flat pedals and no back brake? How does the leg braking go, or stoppingin an emergancy?
I normally end up pulling up on the pedals and pushing down when leg braking, i have clipless though.

OP
OP
D

dansenior

oops yeah forgot about that pump thing, im gonna take that off as well as it does kinda spoil the simpleness that is the beauty of a fixed gear, and i dont actually take it with me anyway, so its useless been on there.

I love the look of riser bars or straight bars on a bike that used to have drop bars, theres just something about them, that shouts custom, and i like that.

Joe24

dansenior said:
oops yeah forgot about that pump thing, im gonna take that off as well as it does kinda spoil the simpleness that is the beauty of a fixed gear, and i dont actually take it with me anyway, so its useless been on there.

I love the look of riser bars or straight bars on a bike that used to have drop bars, theres just something about them, that shouts custom, and i like that.

I sort of think the same.
Theres something about narrow tubing on a steel frame, and the bars being the same aswell, i think, that makes it look nice.
But, the right drops on them can also make them look pretty nice aswell.
Flat bars on my new fixed(alu frames so thicker tubes) wouldnt look right though.

Top Bottom