My New Bianchi Minimax Fixie

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
D

dansenior

yeah, the steel frames lend themselves better to risers and straights, i really like the look of the polished bars that are the same thickness from one end to the other, but have heard theyre a pain in the neck to fit, and would possibly want black for my bike, to keep the colour scheme going.

I know what you mean about the aluminium bike frames, they always look better with drop bars, theyd look daft with anything other, but then, youre leading me to my personal opinion on aluminium frames and that is that if youre making a fixie shouldnt it be out of steel, otherwise it loses a bit of retro charm.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Loses no retro charm. I ride fixed because i like it, hardly any maintence, i can ride them faster then gears, like the feel of fixed and are just easier.
Its alu frame and carbon fork aswell.
Nice bike, had a steel framed fixed before.
My TT bike is also fixed, its all steel though, and i track standed it, then went to move off and felt the BB move.
It was also the steel framed fixe dihad before that i bent a chain ring on, but i wont go into that:laugh:

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
swee said:
I'm hep to your jive daddy-o :biggrin:

hubgearfreak

Über Member
Joe24 said:
Who said that?

no-one:rolleyes: you see where i wrote, here's some examples? they were examples of tactful things to say. i wasn't attributing the sentiments to you :wacko:
for those who enjoy being deliberately obtuse, i should have added the bit in bold below:rolleyes:

hubgearfreak said:
here's some examples of how to type tactfully.....

i prefer drop bars.
tartan's not to my taste

hubgearfreak

Über Member
dansenior said:
Ok, no I havent run away somewhere, Im still here, just had a bad day yesterday with work

glad to see that they haven't scared you off.:wacko:

i don't see what was wrong with the first incarnation?

OP
OP
D

dansenior

thanks for all the nice comments, youve left about the bike, makes me feel much better about it, every time i look at it now, im glad ive made the changes that ive made, that brooks saddle just makes all the difference to it, clean, simple, just shows me how much difference a small change can make.

Top Bottom