My new bike shortlist

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paulq

Bike Rider, Beer Drinker, Biscuit Eater.
The Scott looks great value with 105. How much more comfortable is the geometry on it? I have a C2W voucher burning a hole in my pocket and due to a neck problem need to decide if an endurance geometry would be upright enough for me.

vickster

Legendary Member
The Scott looks great value with 105. How much more comfortable is the geometry on it? I have a C2W voucher burning a hole in my pocket and due to a neck problem need to decide if an endurance geometry would be upright enough for me.
As an aside...You might want to check the C2W Ts & Cs, there’s a surcharge on reduced bikes from the linked seller (which may not be an issue but would add around £150)
https://www.hargrovescycles.co.uk/cyclescheme/

Paulq

Bike Rider, Beer Drinker, Biscuit Eater.
Yeah I spotted that and it's something I would try and negotiate down if I decided to go ahead. The bike looks nice but am wary it may still be too aggressive a position for me.

vickster

Legendary Member
Yeah I spotted that and it's something I would try and negotiate down if I decided to go ahead. The bike looks nice but am wary it may still be too aggressive a position for me.
You’d need to try the bikes out. Even if for a good time on a turbo. You’ll need to look at the geometry, esp the headtube

FlatSpinMan

Regular
Recently I've been riding a more endurance type of road bike and when I got back on to my race geo bike, I couldntc believe how awkward it was to use. Sure ingot used to it again image few minutes but it just didn't feel as stable or comfortable as the endurance bike.
Interesting. I've been riding a TCR for the past 4 years or so but my new endurance geometry Bianchi is arriving tomorrow or the day after so I am really keen to see the difference. I took a gamble and bought it without even trying it (I know, I know) as none of the shops nearby had any stock.

mustang1

Guru
Interesting. I've been riding a TCR for the past 4 years or so but my new endurance geometry Bianchi is arriving tomorrow or the day after so I am really keen to see the difference. I took a gamble and bought it without even trying it (I know, I know) as none of the shops nearby had any stock.
I test rode Defy before getting a TCR and I didnt like the Defy much. I wonder if I will like it more now, now that I've been riding (another) relaxed frame.

OP
OP
Rooster1

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
And here she is

The D-Fuse seat post was a bit off a faff as there were no useful instructions.

Unfortunately I am ill at the moment so I will have to wait for the weekend to try her out.

Photo 19-12-2018, 20 02 48.jpg

FlatSpinMan

Regular
That looks wicked. It’s a unique colour scheme but way more fun than black, which pretty much what everything was when I bought my first TCR a few years ago. Have you recovered enough to ride it yet? I just tried my new carbon frame day after having ridden an alloy TCR for 3-4 years. Now the tyres are 25mm, not 23, and that probably makes a big difference, but I was just staggered at how much the vibration of the road plus the impact of minor bumps was reduced. It was like riding on a cushion of air or something. I don’t want to overstate things, but the difference was so so marked. I’d read reviews that said that it happened, but it turns out they were actually true.
Going from a race geo to the endurance geo was also interesting - this frame just fits me waaaay more comfortably from the get go, although I do like my other bike, too.
Anyway, interested in hearing another carbon noob’s first impressions.

Congrats on your new bike. Btw. I share your taste in bikes and I just ordered the Vitus ZX1 myself. Can't wait.
I'll mention that I was close to buying a bike from Ribble since they offer great value also and people seem to have good experiences with them. In fact I could have bougt a carbon bike with a similar or better groupset for less money from them but I guess I'm a little infatuated with the frame and looks of the ZX1 so I followed my heart and I hope that previous generation Shimano 105 (5800) will be just fine.

Top Bottom