My new bike storage facility

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
jamin100

jamin100

Guru
That will be good enough to stop the opportunist thief.
Very little is safe to a professional thief who has targeted your stuff!

Yes, if they are that desperate for it then they will get it no matter what. luckily crime is low around area for now

Night Train

Maker of Things
It's not the strongest way to lock the bike as a hammer and chisel will have that off in seconds.
But it will do for the moment while you think about additional security.

Is the ground soild or is that slabs on the ground?
You could use a couple of big screw in anchors with a chain through them.
Two of these available form B&Q and other places would do.
prod_mdm_40276.jpg

You use two so that when chained together you can't unscrew them. I have one under each of my car trailers to chain the trailers to the ground.

Alternatively a motorbike ground anchor bolted to the wall would do.
I had one of these.
red_alert_double_bridge+ground_anchors.jpg

The bolts have allen key heads and a small ball bearing is hammered into the head to make it secure.
You will need a decent masonary drill to fit it well though.

Vellacarbon

This is exactly What I need could u please send me info on what U brought and where from plZ as been trying to find Right materials to do

Thanks so much

Vellacarbon

I do need this in my life can u send me Info as looks almost identical to what I am trying to do same sizes etc also FAB work x

So here was my conundrum

I have a nice new bike that I don't want thrown in and ruined in our 6x4 shed around the back of the house

I have 3 young children and a wife that would never allow the bike to be kept in the house

I can't afford or have any room for one of those fancy metal bike sheds.

So where do I store my bike to keep it dry?

Well at the weekend I covered my side passage and mounted the bike on the wall. Total cost £40

View attachment 225035

I've got a cover too that goes over the bike but I'm pretty pleased with my efforts

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
I

Vellacarbon

By the way it’s not for my bike I just can’t have gaps as using it as a bit my parrots can fly in as have neighbours wall and my wall either size and want a covered outdoor space for muddy boots etc

Thanks

Vellacarbon

By the way I have no side access via gate into is all secured as only had side door from my flat and window for kitchen so not worry about Security too much as very private where my bit is

Nebulous

Guru
Two of my bikes are in the house and the commuter stays in the shed, but I'm in the process of buying another house. It is on the main street of a fairly busy town and has an old fashioned garage with wooden folding doors onto the street. The previous owner was a builder and built a workbench across the back of the doors. The garage would possibly be too small for modern cars anyway. It is an amazing Aladdin's cave of old rubbish but is going to become a bike storage / workshop facility. My wife is baffled by the fact that I'm more excited by this man cave than anything else in the house!

Top Bottom