my 'new' bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Adrian_K

Über Member
after years away I'm back on the slippery (uphill) slope. There's a bit about me here.

After doing quite a bit of research so I didn't buy a 'wrong-un' I found this on gumtree - I hope to God no-one recognises it as their old bike 'cos it's failry unique. I was really after a MTB but pleased that I found this. I didn't know what I was buying so as you can see by the saddle I think it's a size too small.

So after a couple of tyres it was good to go. I'm amazed how robust things (bearings & the like) are after 20+ years of development. I'm still no convinced by Alloy frames tho'.

I'm in two minds whether to spend money on this or buy a road bike.
The front wheel rim is *concave* from years a use and I spend all my time on the big chain ring (48t) they need replacing or I need to find some bigger hills. Oh yeah some shoes & clipless pedals as well which alone would come to more that I paid for the bike.

I practised 'spinning' up the hills over the w/e and still only managed to get down to 3rd (21t) but I'm not going there again - I'm a confirmed 'grinder'.
P1060828.jpg

P1060824.jpg

P1060829.jpg

P1060830.jpg

P1060831.jpg

RedBike

I don't know if I like that fake carbon weave finish or not.
It certainly sounds like you got a bargin anyway.

OP
OP
Adrian_K

Adrian_K

Über Member
RedBike said:
I don't know if I like that fake carbon weave finish or not.

whaddya mean fake!! you mean I've been ripped off. :ohmy:

Who every did it spent alot longer on it than I would so the result is not too bad. It had spend its life outside tied to railings so I think underneath the frame paint is in a pretty bad way.

It's a specialized sirrus BTW & I'd recommend one for anyone that wants a lightweight hybrid.

Top Bottom