My new cannondale

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I got this on Thursday last week, unfortunatly not had a chance to do a propor long ride on it yet due to knee problems, It is awesome to ride and so smooth!, well worth the money I think.

DSC00216.jpg

I had to buy a new saddle due to the Fizik Pave Sport saddle feeling like a knife edge!

DSC00218.jpg

It's all Shimano 105 including the wheels, with the spoke nipples on the hubs, allthough the Chainset is R700.

This is a 2007 CAAD9.

Thanks
Will.

beancounter

That's terrific. I love Cannondales, me!

Oh, I also agree about Fizik saddles - torture.

Enjoy your new bike.

bc

Thanks ;)

It's a sure improvement over my Genesis, that gave me back ache as I think I was too stretched out. I managed to get the saddle for only £35 as the shop owner let me give him my old saddle and 35 quid cash for it.

I'm surprised how expensive the Pave sport saddles are, you'd think they are really good at that price, they look cool.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
beancounter said:
That's terrific. I love Cannondales, me!

Oh, I also agree about Fizik saddles - torture.

Enjoy your new bike.

bc
I agree about Cannondales. Here's my old CAAD 5 out on the Brian Robinson Challenge on Sunday.

cannondale_caad_5.jpg

I think bonj agrees with you about Fizik saddles, but I don't - that bike is sporting the Arione I bought off him last year!

Yeah, enjoy your new Cannondale.

bonj2

ColinJ said:
I agree about Cannondales. Here's my old CAAD 5 out on the Brian Robinson Challenge on Sunday.

cannondale_caad_5.jpg

I think bonj agrees with you about Fizik saddles, but I don't - that bike is sporting the Arione I bought off him last year!

Yeah, enjoy your new Cannondale.

i think they're ok but if anything a bit too centre-high, so for me not great for long periods in the saddle. Might have been some other reason why i'd decided that but i'm happy with toupe/brooks on the road bikes now.
I've still got an arione on my mtb. looks a bit out of place if anything but not too badly!

Mortiroloboy

threebikesmcginty said:
Yeah nice - I've still got my old '97 (I think) CAAD2, had it from new.
Nice smooth welding on the frame too, not like the scruffy efforts on most bikes today.

I was looking at one of those last night, and one of the first things I noticed was the lovely smooth welds, completely polished out, it had 650c wheels though which looked quite odd!

Ben M said:
Hey Will, nice bike. Didn't know that you posted here :smile:

I haven't been on long, seems a nice forum :biggrin:

shauncollier said:
y did you get barred on bikeradar?

I asked to be, I got fed up and wished to not post there anymore, people like Softlad really irritated me and due to the fact I like to ask allot of questions my threads became very long as I kept asking questions and people did not like that and thought I was posting stupid stuff all the time so It got to the point I could never ask a question anymore.

beancounter said:
My Six13 ->

bc

That frame looks exactly like a CAAD9, whats the difference?, apart from the obvious decals.

I do like the bare metal, I think it's quite eye catching and you do get some looks sometimes :smile:, it also seems good to clean, you don't see some of the rear hard to get off little dots like I did on my white Genesis frame, and the CAAD9 rides like a dream.

I had some problems the other day, my Chainset was making an awful clicking (I installed it myself), I had to replace the 175mm for a 170mm due to the 175mm been too long, I'm abit annoyed as I want to be able to install them without problems, I want to be able to do it all myself, the rear wheel was making a weird sort of quiet scratching noise, had the bearings regressed and that went away :ohmy:

My front mech cable came off too, thought it snapped but must have been a loose screw.

I'm hoping my knee problems ain't too bad so I can get out and get some miles in on the bike, just sitting there at the moment and it's a shame :tongue:

Top Bottom