my new fixed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

brettreading

my new fixed - with pics!!!

Hi

Been lurking around here for a little while whilst I was building my new fixed....been a great source of information and tips. I have been out a few times on it and love the way it feels. It an old Raleight Dynatech 2060 frame which I have had for about 15 years or so (no signs of the frame coming apart on it yet!!).

Gearing is 48T 17T(fixed)/18T (free)
FSA Vero Crank
Charge Wheelset
Shimano 105 brakes
Tekro rl720 levers

Here are some pics.....

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Looks good........

OP
OP
B

brettreading

Thanks Fossyant. Cost more than I had planned, it was supposed to be a cheap project but once you get started its difficult to stop!

irontam

brettreading said:
...it was supposed to be a cheap project but once you get started its difficult to stop!

I know the feeling, currently building my second Fixie and for what was supposed to be a cheap build has slowly got very expensive, (spokes get expensive when you buy them all at once!)

Nice looking bike, how does it ride?

OP
OP
B

brettreading

Bike rides great. Very light and responsive but I have been riding a Rock Lobster mountain bike for the last 5 years so that is all I have to compare it by. I read a lot of bad things about dynatech frames but I have hasd this for years and it still seems to be fine (its been sitting in a dark corner of the shed for well over 10 years).

The freewheel gearing is a bit spinny but the fixed it great....I just have to get used to riding fixed.

Althoughter I guess I spent close to £300 on it...wheels, spray job, gears, crank, levers, tyres, tape, pedals etc.

OP
OP
B

brettreading

I certainly feel safer and more confident with it on at the moment but hopefully will be able to take it off in a few months.

daveyrunner

Looks great very natty;)

OP
OP
B

brettreading

Cheers for all the positive comments. It rides really nice....I havent been out on my Rock Lobster since I finished it!

Top Bottom