My new fixie's spoiled it for me

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
My old bike, that is. I really loved that bike. Vitus 979, thoroughbred aluminium racer. Light, tight and fast. But then I thought I'd try out this fixie lark, and got myself a beat-up old 653-framed Dawes off ebay. Converted it to fixed, and now it's 'my bike'. Thought I had a slight problem with it on Friday, so I took my old bike to work instead. Felt pretty leaden by comparison. Boo hoo.

RedBike

I think i'm going to have to invest in a lighter-weight fixie as mine feels really heavy compared to my normal road bike. Still seem to enjoy riding it more than the normal bike.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
My road bikes are still quicker than my fixed, but the two things I've noticed...

Any geared bike feels like the BB is busted - feels like someone has clamped the BB when freewheeling - just feels weird.

Spinning - can't spin half as smoothly at 130 plus rpm on the roadies, than on the fixed - but that's my stupid fault of not changing gear and using my preferred 80-100 rpm.....

dansenior

I want that storck bike just for the fact that it has a fuselage and vacuum void control, does that mean youll never get sucked in?
It probably also morphs in to a pillar box when you park it to avoid been pinched :biggrin:

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
yenrod said:
Fixed bikes - oh those are the type of bikes whereby YOU CAN'T CHANGE GEAR ;)

Too much of a pussy to ride one Yenners?:evil:

Top Bottom