My new Giant Defy 1 2014

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Davos87

Guru
Just bought this last week after being offered a cracking deal. First road bike after being on a hybrid for 6 years and love it. Choice between a VERY blue one and this red, black and silver grey beauty. ^_^

Attachments

• Bike one.jpg
    Bike one.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 385
  • Bike 2.jpg
    Bike 2.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 276
  • Bike 3.jpg
    Bike 3.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 257

fossala

Guru
Need bigger pictures. On a side note, I was reading about giant defys, they can only carry just over a KG on the rear (rack).

OP
OP
Davos87

Davos87

Guru
Thanks for the kind words. I did think very hard about the blue one and it was quite a difficult decision but happy with the choice I made in the end. I am enjoying it, so light, responsive and FAST!! Hopefully will continue to do so for many years to come....or until I clap my eyes on something better. ^_^

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
I was in the Giant shop today and saw the new Defy . It was the very blue one but still a sexy looking bike .
There where some cracking deals in the sale but I had to remind my self that even if the bike is discounted by £2500 its still costing £3000 :stop:

videoman

Guru
Just wondered what you call a cracking deal and is it a 2013 or 2014 model?

All my local shops, Rourkes, Swinnertons etc do not appear to know what a good deal is and try to stick to list prices only but there again are only staffed by young lads who cannot make a decision.

Kies

I popped into the Giant shop on London wall today - to see if they could do a part exchange of my 2012 Defy 1 for a Defy advanced 2.
Nothing doing!!!! :-(

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Probably last years full carbon really high seat you cant adjust model . I tend not to ask too many questions about bikes that cost thousands as they may talk me into buying them :laugh:
Its a Giant shop , that's all they sell bike wise so I guess they can do what they want ?

line71

Bought a 2013 Defy in January,sold it a couple of months later,just felt too slow and sluggish,ok for a novice to road bikes but you rapidly want to upgrade to something more edgy and faster

Kies

Bought a 2013 Defy in January,sold it a couple of months later,just felt too slow and sluggish,ok for a novice to road bikes but you rapidly want to upgrade to something more edgy and faster

I still have mine, being my first road bike, think it will become my winter hack in time. Great bike and will take on carbon jobbies in the £1000-£1500 price bracket any day!

gds58

Über Member
Probably last years full carbon really high seat you cant adjust model

What? are you really that daft that you think the ISP (Integrated Seat Post) cannot be adjusted!! They are made very long and are designed to be cut down to the correct size for the particular rider buying it. Even after this there is still at least 20mm adjustment in both directions so I'm not really sure what the hell you are talking about!

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
That's the first bad thing I have ever heard about any Defy . I have the starter Defy 5 but then I am new to road bikes so cant comment given the context of the post but there are not many people that overtake me . I think that's more to do with my legs than the bike though :tongue:

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
What? are you really that daft that you think the ISP (Integrated Seat Post) cannot be adjusted!! They are made very long and are designed to be cut down to the correct size for the particular rider buying it. Even after this there is still at least 20mm adjustment in both directions so I'm not really sure what the hell you are talking about!

Yes . I am a very daft person that knows nothing about carbon seat posts :ohmy:

Top Bottom