My new marginal gain

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

helston90

Eat, sleep, ride, repeat.
Over the weekend I swapped out my two old bottle cages which didn't match and one of them was very cheap and nasty for some matching colour coded fibre glass ones from Planet x,
I now fly like the wind- the combined weight of my two old cages was 104g and this new pair is 66g, win!
Until I had a massive fish pie for tea and lost all that weight saving. :rofl:
I have a feeling the fact my cages now match each other/ my bike will have more effect on my speed than this gain.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Still 38g lighter than you would have been, even after the fish pie! Could probably have had a biscuit or 2!

I considered just the purchase you have made, but thought again.

I filled a bidon, weighed it, poured water out until it was 70 grammes lighter and then put it in the cage.

Greater reduction in mass, zero cost. Who looks an idiot now?

OP
OP
helston90

helston90

Eat, sleep, ride, repeat.
The purchase was purely due to my road bike having an old black plastic MTB cage I took off a spare bike and a white aluminium job I first got with the bike, it now has matching ones which came bottles as well, the weight loss was merely coincidental.
Anyone who poors away perfectly good water and describes it as zero cost clearly doesn't pay enough for their drinking water. :rolleyes:

PhunkyPhil

Regular
The purchase was purely due to my road bike having an old black plastic MTB cage I took off a spare bike and a white aluminium job I first got with the bike, it now has matching ones which came bottles as well, the weight loss was merely coincidental.
Anyone who poors away perfectly good water and describes it as zero cost clearly doesn't pay enough for their drinking water. :rolleyes:

I wouldn't justify your purchase to somebody who thinks that sacrificing water is a good idea. It's your money spend it how you like.

Top Bottom