My New Old New Bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Before I get it dirty I thought I'd share a couple of pics of my new bike.

It's at the setting it up and final tweaks stage now.

The spec:

Frame - 1978 531c.
Campagnolo Veloce groupset (10 sp compact).
Quest Scafell wheels.
Nitto Dream bars with Nitto Dynamic II stem.
SR Laprade seatpost.
Charge saddle and bartape.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Nice - those Quest wheels are pretty light !

iGaz

Is it just me, or does Steel framed roadies appear to becoming alot more popular?? Probably just me, but have noticed that round these parts I'm seeing more and more lovely classic steel framed bikes with modern components than twisty bendy oversized plastic bikes!

Although I am tempted with a twisty bendy oversized plastic bike or two made by B One and another by Cube,,,,,,

Adrian_K

Über Member
nice - I must be old but I still like chrome chain stays & forks.

It'd interesting to compare the ride of an old steel frame to new Alu given a camparable group set.

joolsybools

Do you need to change your username now? B)

bagpuss

Guru
A nice classic steel frame.As far as I am concerned steel never lost it's magic.You can keep carbon fibre.I find alloy frames a hard and unforgiving ride.Titainium is the new steel.

OP
OP
threebikesmcginty

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
longers said:
Very tidy bike 3BM.

Nice shed too :eek:

cheers Longers - the shed's a peach ain't it? :smile: - built it myself, it arrived in kit form and was craned into the back garden from a big lorry. A lot of blood, sweat, tears and swearing went into putting that together.

Mid_koppelo1.jpg

iGaz

Adrian_K said:
nice - I must be old but I still like chrome chain stays & forks.

It'd interesting to compare the ride of an old steel frame to new Alu given a camparable group set.

My bike used to have Carbon forks, but I now have gone back to steel ones just so the bike is now all steel. My frame is a 2008 ICENI steel frame made up with Reynolds 520 tubing. My wheels are 2009 Mavic Aksium race jobbies and Dura Ace 9 speed STI shifters, and mechs take care of the gears with an Ultegra 2 Hollowtech 2 cranks and Look Keo pedals.

It rides like an absolute dream!

threebikesmcginty said:
cheers Longers - the shed's a peach ain't it? :blush: - built it myself, it arrived in kit form and was craned into the back garden from a big lorry. A lot of blood, sweat, tears and swearing went into putting that together.

Mid_koppelo1.jpg

Why does that photo look like its in a studio!!!

Top Bottom