My new Planet X Ti Sportive

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
I hope you trimmed those stays a bit shorter?

The first time I rode a Ti bike (a Marin Team Titanium MTB) I thought it had a puncture, it was so smooth. I now own a Global TH1.5 hardtail and love it; especially with a carbon post. Last summer I beat our club hard man on a full suspension Rottweil down a very fast rocky track on the PW; he was a bit naffed off that he couldn't stay with me. Titanium rides so smooth.

OP
OP
D

dodgy

Yep, stays now trimmed, did it immediately after that picture was taken actually :rofl:
Just been out on it at lunchtime, sublime ride quality, I am converted!

yenrod

So, go on Dodgy - describe to us that ride quality :sad:

We'll have to get together so we can ride out to your local - cafe (eureka) :rofl:

As long as you promise to go slow ! :smile:

OP
OP
D

dodgy

Hehe, sounds good Lee! I've got a double treat now, as I haven't put all the Planet X supplied Dura Ace kit on my summer bike yet, so prepare for more photos ;)

yenrod

dodgy said:
Hehe, sounds good Lee! I've got a double treat now, as I haven't put all the Planet X supplied Dura Ace kit on my summer bike yet, so prepare for more photos :ohmy:

Is that going on the bike I seen you on...

Happiness Stan

Are you riding it with that much seatpost showing? It looks like the bars are 8 inches lower than the saddle.

OP
OP
D

dodgy

The bike isn't held level in the clamp, the top tube is actually sloping but it looks level in the picture.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
Happiness Stan said:
Still lokks like a lot of seatpost. How tall are you?

And would it be vulgar to ask how much it cost?

He is a freak of nature and has now realised that he just won't do this titanium frame justice, hence why he'll be passing it on at a vastly reduced price:biggrin:

Does look like a lot of seatpost but my Giant has 200mm from top of clamp to saddle rails.

OP
OP
D

dodgy

Happiness Stan said:
Still lokks like a lot of seatpost. How tall are you?

And would it be vulgar to ask how much it cost?

It looks exactly as much seatpost that I need to be comfortable on the bike :smile: Trust me, I'm not in the habit of setting my bike up so I'm in pain :biggrin: The bike is an XL which is the optimum size for my height and inside leg measurements and it's also about the same size as my other bikes.

The price is on the Planet X site for all to see, I got the Dura Ace one (but as said earlier, moved the expensive DA kit to my other bike which is why the PX bike above has Ultegra). I paid just over £2100 I think, but it's on the cyclescheme :smile:

OP
OP
D

dodgy

MacB said:
He is a freak of nature and has now realised that he just won't do this titanium frame justice, hence why he'll be passing it on at a vastly reduced price:biggrin:

Does look like a lot of seatpost but my Giant has 200mm from top of clamp to saddle rails.

The Giant TCR2 I have for sale has 20cm of post showing, the Planet X above has bout 16cm I think :biggrin:

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
dodgy said:
The Giant TCR2 I have for sale has 20cm of post showing, the Planet X above has bout 16cm I think :biggrin:

hmmm, I was on the brink, according to Giant charts, between L and XL, I went L. With what I know now, ie I setup more to the tourer than the race end, then the XL would have been the choice. No biggie and this is the bike that will be replaced by a Van Nicholas titanium. I was torn between the Amazon and the Yukon but will probably go Amazon as I want the greater tyre clearances and the ability to run v-brakes.

Keep up the ride reports on the titanium:biggrin:

Top Bottom