My new Tern Link N8.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
kingrollo

kingrollo

Guru
That's kind of a design philosophy with Brompton's.... by folding round the chain they limit the possibilities of doing exactly that... the payback is expensive custom components to deal with the chain tension....

Yep fair point - I just couldn't justify close on £1k for something thats a 'toe in the water' job

chriscross1966

Über Member
Yep fair point - I just couldn't justify close on £1k for something thats a 'toe in the water' job

Buy a secondhand one for around 500 quid, if you don't get on with it you'll be able to turn it round for the same money in a couple of months... or you can rent them pretty cheaply if you happen to be near a Brompton Dock. If you then decide to buy a new one the hire cost gets refunded off your order...

OP
OP
kingrollo

kingrollo

Guru
Buy a secondhand one for around 500 quid, if you don't get on with it you'll be able to turn it round for the same money in a couple of months... or you can rent them pretty cheaply if you happen to be near a Brompton Dock. If you then decide to buy a new one the hire cost gets refunded off your order...

Its too late now - I have the Tern - which of the 'branded' folders I thought was a good deal at £400 - olders Terns were going for around £350 in Ebay. Im happy enough so far.

Top Bottom