My Old Carlton

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
JtB

JtB

Prepare a way for the Lord
I'm not sure the Carlton Circuit is One of Worksops finest because by the time it came along in the late 1970s I think they had already been taken over by Raleigh. However, I do agree the Carlton Circuit is genuinely a lovely ride, so much so that its the only barrier to me getting a lovely lightweight modern road bike through my company's cycle to work scheme :-(

Well done Goldie, some fantastic photos there - I do hope you get many happy miles out of it. Tell me though, how did you manage to get rid of so much of the surface rust?

I'm not sure the Carlton Circuit is One of Worksops finest because by the time it came along in the late 1970s I think they had already been taken over by Raleigh. However, I do agree the Carlton Circuit is genuinely a lovely ride, so much so that its the only barrier to me getting a lovely lightweight modern road bike through my company's cycle to work scheme :-(

Well done Goldie, some fantastic photos there - I do hope you get many happy miles out of it. Tell me though, how did you manage to get rid of so much of the surface rust?
:biggrin: Carlton turned out some fantastic bikes from Dock Road & later after the fire at Eastgate Works Kilton Road that,s dispite Raleigh trying there very best to sell gas pipe specials with Carlton Badges on them! :angry: Proper Carltons on the other hand are lovely bikes to both own & ride & I,v had quite a few over the years people like myself from Worksop are very proud of them & like to keep them alive. Raleigh,s well thats another matter they should have stayed in Nottingham! :hello:

Goldie

Über Member

It looked so much worse than it actually was! A lot of it turned out to be stains on the paint rather than actual rust, which came off with T-cut. Even where the metal's showing, it was possible to clean the surface rust off with a gentle touch of wet and dry paper. I am really pleased with it - it looks its age, but it's definitely aged gracefully...

Top Bottom