My old school...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Noodley

I went back tonight for the guided tour as elder Noodley Jnr. is moving to secondary school after the summer break.

I knew a few of the staff, most of whom were only just out of teacher training when I knew them and some who I was at school with. They all greeted me with handshakes and recalled "the good old days"...I think she only now realises I have not always been a miserable old bugger :wacko:

wafflycat

Noodley said:
I went back tonight for the guided tour as elder Noodley Jnr. is moving to secondary school after the summer break.

I knew a few of the staff, most of whom were only just out of teacher training when I knew them and some who I was at school with. They all greeted me with handshakes and recalled "the good old days"...I think she only now realises I have not always been a miserable old bugger :wacko:

No. She now realises with an ever awakening sense of horror and dread as the day she starts her new school approaches.... that all her teachers-to-be are as much miserable old buggers as the parent is... and all with a painfully embarrassing (to offspring) fondness for recalling the days when TV was in black & white, there was no Sky and no mobile phones: The Dark Ages

OP
OP
Noodley

Noodley

wafflycat said:

The school have had the "new" first year students for the past 2 days, and they have attended classes and met classmates and teachers.

Before I met the teachers I knew she had told me how "cool" and "awesome" they were...by association, life beyond "dad" may have dawned on her :wacko::angry:

wafflycat

Ah Noodley, I fear you are living in a haze of parental blissful ignorance. We've all done it... :wacko:

As for now.. she may have been looking forward to the new school and thought the teachers were cool... but now the horrible truth is dawning on her.. :angry:

OP
OP
Noodley

Noodley

wafflycat said:
Ah Noodley, I fear you are living in a haze of parental blissful ignorance. We've all done it... :wacko:

As for now.. she may have been looking forward to the new school and thought the teachers were cool... but now the horrible truth is dawning on her.. :biggrin:

Bugger! :biggrin:

...could you not have allowed me a "moment of hope"? :angry:

Night Train

Maker of Things
wafflycat said:
No. She now realises with an ever awakening sense of horror and dread as the day she starts her new school approaches.... that all her teachers-to-be are as much miserable old buggers as the parent is... and all with a painfully embarrassing (to offspring) fondness for recalling the days when TV was in black & white, there was no Sky and no mobile phones: The Dark Ages
She will also realise that she can't get up to anything at school as the teachers know her parent!

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
Noodley said:
Bugger! :angry:

...could you not have allowed me a "moment of hope"? :wacko:

It was a moment of hope that made me a parent in the first place! :biggrin:;)

OP
OP
Noodley

Noodley

Night Train said:
It can also work against you when a teacher says to her "When I was a pupil here I remember when your..." and relates some embarrassing story about you.

Yes, she also discovered I may not have been the easiest of pupils to teach...:wacko::angry: But that may have gone in my favour with her...

domtyler

Über Member
When I was in the third year at school (I think) and beginning chemistry lessons, we all had to go to the back and pick up our text books. I duly collected mine and returned to my seat, whereupon I began to peal off the library labels. At the bottom was written my mums name and dated 1963 (or thereabouts, I think)! :wacko:

rich p

ridiculous old lush
domtyler said:
When I was in the third year at school (I think) and beginning chemistry lessons, we all had to go to the back and pick up our text books. I duly collected mine and returned to my seat, whereupon I began to peal off the library labels. At the bottom was written my mums name and dated 1963 (or thereabouts, I think)! :smile:

When I went to senior school (circa 1968) I got a book out of the library and the person who'd last borrowed it was my Dad in 1935! It was 'The History of Mr Polly' - HG Wells.

There were also 2 teachers still there who had taught him.

Top Bottom