My pedal broke

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
PrettyboyTim

PrettyboyTim

For now I'm sticking with toe clips. I like being able to wear any shoe I like on the bike, and I really didn't like the feel of walking in shoes with cleats.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Get MTB shoes - very similar to normal shoes, except stiffer. Can't believe you haven't shifted yet !!!

OP
OP
PrettyboyTim

PrettyboyTim

fossyant said:
Get MTB shoes - very similar to normal shoes, except stiffer. Can't believe you haven't shifted yet !!!

Well, I tried a couple of pairs that looked like normal trainers rather than those slick-looking racing ones, but they both felt like clogs to walk in.

stopher83

Last time the pedals came off!!

The last time the pedals came of my bike the hole of the arm came off aswell. I tried to fix it but no joy. I discovered that they baring inside the bike had broke i had to buy a new baring aswell. That was a rreet pain to resolve.

http://www.uk-cycling.org

grhm

Veteran
PrettyboyTim said:
What are they like to ride on with normal shoes?

I've got M424's too. Bought second hand off ebay, the outer plastic is a little scuffed but you have to look to notice it (plus I'd have to be stationary :rolleyes:).

I've ridden a couple of time with normal trainers and have to say I was aware of the binding pushing up in the middle of my foot. Was OK for a short trip to the local shop, but I wouldn't like to ride any distance without proper shoes.

Top Bottom