My picture of the day-Where's yours?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

al-fresco

Growing older but not up...
Where did you take the pic, Al ?

Somewhere close to Glyn Ceiriog ?

Go up to Nantyr, follow the track through 2 gates, go through the forest, turn left as you exit the trees (the road descends to Glyndyfrdwy) and follow the rutted track to the summit of Moel Fferna. The picture was taken close to grid ref 125394 OS125.

Houthakker

A Happy Wanderer
Outside my house in sunny Doncaster

405066_10151366959646177_2109663372_n.jpg
Is that Cusworth hall?

Alembicbassman

Confused.com
Views across the lower Don Valley on a windy day at Boston Park, Rotherham. Planet X bike shop is down there somehwere. Pennines far in the distance.

63773_10151423650356177_1427195055_n.jpg

Globalti

Legendary Member
Pics are from summer '11, but this is my short route from beginning to halfway, as my cameras batteries went after that.

Despite the "ordinaryness" of the views, your choice of subject is excellent and the pics have a strong feeling of calm; I can almost smell those summer verges and hedges. I like the pylon shot but wish you'd made more of the pylons. Have you ever considered just taking landscapes without the roads? Do you get out with the camera in winter when the light is more interesting? Oh, and I think you ought to read up about the one thirds-two thirds rule as well as I think sometimes that would enhance your pictures. Not always but sometimes.

A few from my albums, but all were taken during rides
Beamsely Almshouses
Off A59, at bottom of Beamsley Bank (between turn-offs to Bolton Abbey & Storiths)
http://www.landmarktrust.org.uk/BuildingDetails/Overview/137/Beamsley_Hospital#

North Yorkshire Scenes. Beamsley. Almshouses. 2.JPG

'Squires'
Newthorpe (twixt Sherburn-in-Elmet & Ledsham)
A regular call on the way back for a cuppa & a look at the bikes
http://www.squires-cafe.co.uk/

North Yorkshire Scenes. South Milford. Newthorpe. New Inn (\'Squires\').JPG

'Dunnies'
(officially the 'Wharfe View Cafe')
Otley
Possibly the best value cafe in Yorkshire (& that's saying something!!!)
West Yorkshire Scenes. Otley. Wharfe View Cafe 1.JPG

Psyclist

Über Member
Despite the "ordinaryness" of the views, your choice of subject is excellent and the pics have a strong feeling of calm; I can almost smell those summer verges and hedges. I like the pylon shot but wish you'd made more of the pylons. Have you ever considered just taking landscapes without the roads? Do you get out with the camera in winter when the light is more interesting? Oh, and I think you ought to read up about the one thirds-two thirds rule as well as I think sometimes that would enhance your pictures. Not always but sometimes.

Thank you. I'm no professional photo-g :tongue: I just basically snapped up what I liked the view of. And I like taking photos in the day mostly. It's just a standard camera which I used, but I may get a DSLR later on in time. I used an online photo image enhancer too, but, I'll look up the one thirds-two thirds rule for next summers ride :thumbsup:

Top Bottom