1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My picture of the day-Where's yours?

Discussion in 'Photo Gallery' started by bigjim, 10 Nov 2012.

1. Out for a run earlier, & re-found the spring that allows iron-oxides to leach out of old workings

PMG_1241.JPG

There's a transport café on the A1
    Yes, there's still some left!!!
    It has 3 BMXs hanging on the walls, the white one is so unused, it still has the moulding marks on the tyres!!

13407064_10208440295357218_1979188156710688666_n.jpg 13413555_10208440312757653_9095527337021027804_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/busybeesdiner/
    https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowU..._Diner-Darrington_West_Yorkshire_England.html

What the exterior looks like now, it's an ex gate-house/lodge to Stapleton Park
    (roughly 1 mile south of the Darrington exit)
    Darrington. Stapleton Park Lodge. 4.JPG

It was the 'Way West' café (seen here, from the south, showing the 'posh' façade, that was on the carriage-drive)
    http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/4293903

Not the best area, when it's windy
    And, at least above water

Last edited: 1 Mar 2017
  2. JohnClimber

JohnClimber Veteran

32346630844_891e6dd192_c.jpg
    Welsh Daffs on St David's Day

33063943621_d1ed8e0058_c.jpg
    Caption contest

3. Nigel182

Nigel182 Veteran

Waiting for a "Birdie"

4. Motobecane

Motobecane Veteran

Roasted heritage carrots, turnips and watermelon radishes with thyme. A 'before' picture:

IMGP1678.jpg

booze and cake, grecinos and Mrs M like this.
  5. Motobecane

Motobecane Veteran

:laugh:

Mrs M likes this.
  6. GGJ

GGJ Über Member

Golf buggy for sale complete with quadruple catalytic conversion

7. Mrs M

Mrs M Veteran

:okay:

8. Motobecane

Motobecane Veteran

I really, really don't want to say this because I can believe the bars are delicious - but when I saw the image it reminded me of Hastings beach... that isn't necessarily a bad thing.

9. Mrs M

Mrs M Veteran

IMG_0951.JPG IMG_0950.JPG IMG_0949.JPG Filet steak with mushroom sauce tonight, experiment! (Mushrooms = xx( unless disguised in a sauce)
    Trying to recreate a lovely dish perfected by Patricio and his staff at Onda Luz Restaurant in Praia da Luz, Algarve.
    Mr M gave my efforts 8 out of 10 (no bad) :ohmy:
    Pics are:- Onda Luz ladies, Patricio (Frank Sinatra lookalike) and my effort.

Last edited: 1 Mar 2017
  10. Mrs M

Mrs M Veteran

Very clever :okay:

GGJ and JohnClimber like this.
  11. RedRider

RedRider Pulling through

Awww, I had one! Bought by my nan :smile:

NorthernDave and Mrs M like this.
  12. NorthernDave

NorthernDave Never used Über Member

The bike was hanging from the ceiling in "The Bar" on Saltaire Road in Shipley. Just above a table top Space Invaders machine...;)

And Ryther moves about - it's usually above water (just) but on occasion my Garmin states it's below sea level...:eek:

Richard A Thackeray likes this.
  13. simon.r

simon.r Person

14. 8 metres above sea-level, just west of the Rythre Arms, according to my OS sheet, for the area (105 'York')

It doesn't seem that long since the floods, when Ulleskelf & Ryther were all but cut off (not the Boxing Day floods, of 2015, that took out Tadcaster Bridge), & Raw Lane was under water all the way in, from the turning up to Kirkby Wharfe
    (Raw Lane, being the road from the 'Tadcaster TurnPike')