My picture of the day-Where's yours?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Legendary Member
I can't show you this one :sad: I deleted them because my phone was full and I needed space. What I didn't realise was I'd seen a rare phenomenon, an Asperitas cloud formation near Kings Lynn a few weeks ago. It was wierd like seeing the surface of the sea from underwater, smooth rippling cloud, quite astounding to look at.
Here's a stock photo from elsewhere...
https://goo.gl/images/waAOmb

al-fresco

Growing older but not up...
The Manor Arms at Rushall was first granted an ale licence in 1248. It remains one of only six pubs in Britain without a bar. Initially disorientating - because you don't know where to stand - the absence of a bar allows the staff to mix freely with the customers and makes for a relaxed and chatty atmosphere. Definitely going to have to have a return visit.

manorarms.jpg

Katherine

Guru
Sometimes I hate living about as far away from the sea as you can be in the U.K.:sad:

I completly understand. If we wanted a day out on a really nice beach, it would be a very long day. We had a few days like that out to Anglesey when the kids were small, now we make do on holidays and the occassional short break. There's something special about the sea.

A different day, a different bench and a different bike:

I've always liked this one :smile:

roger.jpg

(yes I'm aware of the story behind it thanks, but it always raises a smile)

Some blossom on a tree near Saxton:
View attachment 348805
Quite famously, the Greyhound pub didn't have cellars until into the mid-80's, when they were created, & beer was dispensed from barrels behind the bar
(the core of the building is a barn dating back to the 1300s

They have these in the headquarters of a famous high street bank. A "Centre of excellence" staffed by people who need instructions on how to use a toilet. Pfft.

We used to have this on our Post Graduate Centre/Medical Education Suite, in the old (now demolished) Hospital
Doctors.................. you life in their hands.........

Miscellaneous Images. Pinderfields. Post-Grad Centre. Push!.JPG

Top Bottom