My picture of the day-Where's yours?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
349200-d155998fff1250460a40c4671e6570a8.jpg

Is this the longest stretch of flat road in S Devon? (to the right of the beach)

Last edited:

Dave 123

Legendary Member
View attachment 349324
Is this the longest stretch of flat road in S Devon? (to the right of the beach)

Other than the A38 you might be right!
I've spent many a sunny, spring morning wandering around Slapton Ley birdwatching.

It's not BBQ weather here today either

Regarding the photo, I know a couple of girls (well...... late 30s/early 40s) who'd have that mug, solely out of a desire to wind people up!!

My contributions
DSCF3064.JPG DSCF3073.JPG
DSCF3069.JPG

Kirkthorpe Weir, a lovely 1820 stepped construction, on the River Calder has now had a hydro-electric facility built alongside it
http://www.barnenergy.co.uk/single-post/2017/03/13/Kirkthorpe-Hydropower-Station-Opens

Pre- modernisation, from the other side; http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/2067117

I saw the screw a while ago, when it was awaiting final transportation to the site

14222355_10209170094161732_7959231971999687841_n.jpg

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Tonight we are staying here, and here is
A photo from our hotel room,.
View attachment 349343

Are you in the Malmaison?

Bit of a tart's boudoir I thought when I popped in from the coffee place next door to use the toilet.

I couldn't see where I was going and thought about going out again to get my bike light.

U

User19783

Are you in the Malmaison?

Bit of a tart's boudoir I thought when I popped in from the coffee place next door to use the toilet.

I couldn't see where I was going and thought about going out again to get my bike light.
Yep
It's a little treat for use, to go posh, but we are not having breakfast here, £14:00 each extra, they are having a laugh.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Yep
It's a little treat for use, to go posh, but we are not having breakfast here, £14:00 each extra, they are having a laugh.

Aye, it's reckoned to be a nice hotel, but no doubt that comes at a price.

I don't wish to be the bringer of bad tidings, but it was a block northerly headwind on the coast today and the same is forecast tomorrow.

I did about five miles into it, bitterly cold as well.

Best part of a hundred miles in those conditions will take some doing.

Wrap up warm and start in good time is my suggestion.

U

User19783

Aye, it's reckoned to be a nice hotel, but no doubt that comes at a price.

I don't wish to be the bringer of bad tidings, but it was a block northerly headwind on the coast today and the same is forecast tomorrow.

I did about five miles into it, bitterly cold as well.

Best part of a hundred miles in those conditions will take some doing.

Wrap up warm and start in good time is my suggestion.
I know, not looking forward to it,
But I shall put my head down and go for it.:bicycle:
Looking forward to Berwick, as I really like the area.

Top Bottom